MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

November 3, 2004

CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION

Over 55,000,000 Requests for Citizenship Since Tuesday Night

Canadian immigration officials have reported a huge increase in the number of requests for Canadian citizenship in the past twenty-four hours, with over fifty-five million such inquiries pouring in since late Tuesday night.

Of those fifty-five million requests, well over 99.99% of them came from U.S. citizens, the lion's share residing in such states as New York, California, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew said that he was "flabbergasted" by the fifty-five-million-plus requests for Canadian citizenship, adding that it was difficult to pinpoint the precise reasons for the staggering increase.

"My only theory is that after many years of exposure in the U.S., hockey is finally starting to catch on," Mr. Pettigrew said.

He cautioned, however, that it is impossible to know exactly what is sparking the sudden interest in America's frozen neighbor to the north:

"People answering our immigration hotline say that it is hard to understand many of the American callers because they are sobbing uncontrollably."

In other news, President Bush used his acceptance speech Wednesday to reach out to supporters of Sen. John Kerry, telling them, "You can run, but you can't hide."

Meanwhile, in his first statement since being voted out of office Tuesday night, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle said, "Do you want fries with that?"

Elsewhere, experts said that exit polls may have falsely predicted a Kerry victory because Kerry voters exited while Bush voters stayed behind and voted again.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

4teetoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

:fg

Edited by: 4teetoo at: 11/6/04 5:25
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

cute, chris

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

Quote:
Saturday, 6 November, 2004, 01:23 GMT

BBC/London

US vote boosts interest in Canada

Canadian immigration officials said the number of US citizens visiting their website went up six-fold the day after the US election.

Their website, which on an average day has some 20,000 hits, was visited by 115,016 on Wednesday, Reuters news agency reported.

The figure dropped on Thursday but was still higher than normal, at 65,803.

There was speculation that Democrats fed up with George W Bush's win were thinking of moving over the border.

The idea of disgruntled Americans wishing to emigrate north across the border has amused Canadians.

One commentator, Thane Burnett, wrote a tongue-in-cheek guide to possible new citizens.

"As Canadians, you'll have to learn to embrace and use all the products and cultures of Americans, while bad-mouthing their way of life," he wrote in the Ottawa Sun newspaper.

"Legions of Canadians have already pledged to sacrifice their singlehood to save their southern neighbours from four more years of cowboy conservatism."

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

The recent election is having a dramatic effect on the Canada/U.S. border.......

Hey, - look...!!! - Canada owns California now...!!!!

(Boy, is Larree gonna be pissed off..!!!)

:)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Glad to be a part of what is commonly referred to as "God's Country", drooly...but for the record, I don't think Laree will care if he's part of "Jesusland" or not...he's Jewish. ;)

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

jesus was jewish

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

Excuse me Jorn Lavoll, Jesus did not practice Jewish ceremonies. He teached Christianity instead.

The world in which Jesus lived & out of which Christianity emerged was not simply Jewish, but rather a complex cultural cauldron in which the ideologies, social standards & politics of Jews & non-Jews interacted, often with explosive results.

Jews usually deny Jesus' teachings as well as his plain existance and react very angry if you dare to mix Jesus' religion with their own.

Read that up here first hand, best source (JewsForJudaism.org)

Don't be confused :)

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION Reply with quote

Jesus was ethnically a Jew, religiously he founded Christianity.

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to see ... Reply with quote

jesus was from a royal jewish family, and probably Mary (his wife) also.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to see ... Reply with quote

suits me let them all go....:yeah i told y'all bush would win heheheheh

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to see ... Reply with quote

Just freaking great. Stupid rednecks have taken over my country.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to see ... Reply with quote

HAHA! Too funny! Who would have thought that Canada would be the new immigration center for U.S. Americans? LOL

Quote:
Monday, November 15, 2004 Posted: 9:13 AM EST (1413 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- Rudi Kischer wants to help those Americans who have the post-election blues after U.S. President George W. Bush's second-term victory.

The Vancouver, British Columbia, immigration lawyer plans seminars in three U.S. cities -- Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles -- to tell Americans frustrated with Bush's re-election that the grass is greener north of the border.

And that's not just an allusion to Canada's lenient marijuana laws.

"We started last year getting a lot of calls from Americans dissatisfied with the way the country is going," Kischer says. "Then after the election, it's been crazy up here. The Canadian immigration Web site had 115,000 hits the day after the election -- from the U.S. alone. We usually only get 20,000 hits."

There was so much interest that a Vancouver-based Internet company, Communicopia, set up a new Web site this month -- www.canadianalternative.com -- to suggest Canada as a viable option for its American clients, including anyone concerned about constitutional bans on gay marriage passed in 11 U.S. states this month.

"We invite you to get to know Canada," the site says. "Explore the richness and diversity of our regions. And find out why Canada is the perfect alternative for conscientious, forward-thinking Americans."

Another Web site urges Canadians: "Open your heart, and your home. Marry an American. Legions of Canadians have already pledged to sacrifice their singlehood to save our southern neighbours from four more years of cowboy conservatism."

Canada suddenly has utopian appeal for many left-leaning Americans. Its universal health care, gay rights, abortion rights, gun-control laws, drug laws, opposition to the Iraq war, ban on capital punishment and ethnic diversity mirror many values of the American left.

Immigrants, including an estimated 1 million Americans, make up nearly 20 percent of Canada's population. The United Nations named Toronto the world's most multicultural city.

And, as Michael Moore pointed out in "Bowling for Columbine" -- required viewing for many lefties -- in Canada there's apparently no reason to lock your door.

On the other hand, it's cold. The baseball's not very good -- so long, Expos. And the taxes are higher, eh?

But, as one American who has his bags nearly packed likes to say, at least the taxes go toward good causes.

"I just like their way of life a lot better, and with everything the Bush administration has done -- for the American people to give him their seal of approval, it's basically the last straw," says Ralph Appoldt, a resident of Portland, in Oregon, a state that narrowly supported Democrat John Kerry for president.

"Canada's basic population is much more intelligent, polite and civilized,"Appoldt said. "I like their way of government a lot better. Their tax dollars go to helping those who need it, instead of funneling money back up to the wealthy and feeding this huge military-industrial machine."

Appoldt, 50, a sales manager, and his wife, a nurse, figure that selling their house and getting their immigration approved could take more than a year. But they're moving, they insist. They've already hired Kischer to help them.

Though he may see a good business opportunity following the election, Kischer has no illusions of a mass American exodus to Canada.

Americans have to follow the same procedures as everybody else -- including the $500 (387 euro) application fee, the $975 (755 euro) landing tax, and the wait of six months to two years.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to see ... Reply with quote

Quote:
antman37

(11/15/04 19:51)

i do not understand why these people are said to have necks that are red i will ask one of my american friends unless anyone here can tell me because to me it is a rather odd thing i must say

Well, WELCOME antman37! :) )))

How did you find the board here?

This being said I think "Redneck" (U.S.) means:

1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

...or...

2. A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

I'm not American (I'm from Frankfurt/Germany instead :) ) but I think #2 is the right interpretation in this context here, plus the "rednecks" (aka. the Bush supporters) use the color red to mark "Bush counties" and their "Redneck Rebel Flag" also shows a lot of red.... :)

As a white European I'd say, without really knowing it, that the term 'redneck' also has something to do with the fact, that white people on the countryside easily develop a red neck from the sun and working all day on the field while having their face protected by a hat. The neck usually can be VERY red if you stay in the sun too long as a white person :)

antman37

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to see ... Reply with quote

dear mr burn thank you for your welcome i found your board after typing 'politics and war' into google i am just getting used to using search engines they are very good and also there are many forums on ezboard which you are shown when you join

i put messages on here because i was shocked by attitude of some of your posters who remind me of some of the tribespeople back home who still speak their dialects like Yoruba and Igbo and refuse to learn lingua franca and have very ancient religious beliefs although im not sure if they are as old as christianity

now you have shown me this "A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude." i know why mr questionnaire was saying rednecks although i must say i find mr questionnaire a bit rude and hot-tempered but i can see how he becomes like that amongst these gentlemen who are always saying their country is the best and excusing the bullying and killing of mr bush and referring to their religious books as the truth etc.

i sympathise with the innocent americans killed on 9/11 but the american people must stop their corporations some of which are very evil going around the world bribing and bullying people into corrupt practices that help them acquire minerals agricultural products and oil very very cheaply but harm the people and stop them having their own governments like in my country nigeria and in many other countries

to stop this trouble and war the americans must say to their corporations 'heel' like the british say to their dogs when they have become their masters

i will post a few more messages if you dont mind sir for we now have a reading week at our university and then i must go back to my work because my fees cost my family a lot of money and i must not waste them but i will return here at christmas time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: