MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

boneheads, you are saved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: boneheads, you are saved Reply with quote

There is a difference between knowing how to think, and knowing what to think. I have no desire to be told what to think by a website, or by you, joe...though you obviously have not been as discriminating in who or what you choose to pay attention to. Just don't expect others to follow suit.

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

russky joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: boneheads, you are saved Reply with quote

So, redneck bonehaeds, here is your first lesson.

Who knows what Kofigate is about, eh? Scandal or distraction or excuse to get rid of the UN? Why did we invade Iraq? Liberation and getting rid of terrorists? Or oil and the first step in global domination? Who knows? None of us know. Which is why we need critical thinking.

You can't do critical thinking, dear boneheads, by using material from rightie or leftie websites, although it must be said that more of the writers on the leftie sites are trained better in critical thinking and a lot of what they say is the RESULT of it. Still, they have their agenda also and they're not to be trusted entirely.

To do critical thinking - now stop looking at naked pictures of Anne Coulter for a minute and pay attention, boneheads - you must first get rid of the following traits that abound on this board:

1. INNATE EGOCENTRISM. I assume that what I believe is true even though even though I have never questioned the basis of my beliefs.

2. INNATE SOCIOCENTRISM. I assume that the dominant beliefs of the groups to which I belong are true even though I have never questioned the basis of these beliefs.

3. INNATE WISH FULFILLMENT. I believe in accounts of behaviour that put me or the groups I belong to in a positive light even though I have never seriously considered the evidence for more negative accounts. I believe in what does not require me to change my thinking or my beliefs in any significant way.

4. INNATE SELF-VALIDATION. I have a strong desire to maintain beliefs that I have long held and I have never really considered the evidence on which they are based.

5. INNATE SELFISHNESS. I hold fast to beliefs that help me or my social group gain more personal advantage.

6. INNATE SUPERNATURALISM. I believe in the existence of a supernatural being who is smarter than all other humans because if I do what he says that makes me smarter than all other humans too without expending the effort needed to have one single critical thought.

You bozos do this stuff all the time. I've checked. Here's a website that will help you a little. I've linked to the children's section because this is where most of you are at right now. Stay away from the church, the synagogue or the mosque this week and do this instead.

Now I'm outta here. I can't stay with you coz you've got too much catching up to do. You boneheads.

www.criticalthinking.org/...#Childrens

russky joe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: how and what Reply with quote

Knowing what to think comes outta knowing how to think.

You dunno what to think coz you dunno how to think.

bonehead

:rolleyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: