MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!! Reply with quote

Quote:

Authenticity of Bush Guard memos questioned

Friday, September 10, 2004 Posted: 11:38 AM EDT (1538 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Questions are being raised about the authenticity of newly unearthed memos dated 1972 and 1973 which asserted that George W. Bush ignored an order from a superior officer in the Texas Air National Guard and lost his status as a pilot because he failed to meet military performance standards and undergo a required physical exam.

CBS, which reported on the memos on its "60 Minutes" program, said its experts who examined the documents concluded that they were authentic.

Independent document examiner Sandra Ramsey Lines said the memos looked like they had been produced on a computer using Microsoft Word software.

Lines, a document expert and fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, pointed to a superscript -- a smaller, raised "th" in "111th Fighter Interceptor Squadron" -- as evidence indicating forgery.

Microsoft Word automatically inserts superscripts in the same style as the two on the memos obtained by CBS, she said.

"I'm virtually certain these were computer generated," Lines said after reviewing copies of the documents at her office in Paradise Valley, Arizona

She produced a nearly identical document using her computer's Microsoft Word software.

Ten bucks says Michael Mooreon produced them.

:aua

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!! Reply with quote

Seismo - this story looks like it could break out like "Watergate", especially if any forged documents are traced back to the Kerry campaign.

The guys who broke the story are from my neck of the woods and continue to provide more info/updates, links, etc. at their blogsite:

PowerLine Blog

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!! Reply with quote

And then, by way of addendum, today there's this story:

Saturday, Sept. 11, 2004 10:04 a.m. EDT

'60 Minutes': Witness Who Contradicted Forged Docs Was Too 'Pro-Bush'

In its controversial report on President Bush National Guard record, CBS "60 Minutes" anchorman Dan Rather failed to include accounts from witnesses who challenged the content of memos now believed to have been forged because they were deemed too "pro-Bush."

Gary Killian - son of the late Jerry Killian, who commanded Bush in the Guard and who CBS claims had authored the suspicious documents - said Friday that he was interviewed two weeks ago by "60 Minutes" producer Mary Mapes.

In addition to challenging the central premise of the CBS report - that his father felt pressured to cover up Bush's allegedly sub par Guard performance - Gary Killian urged Mapes to interview Dean Roome, who roomed with Bush during his time in the Guard.

Ms. Mapes explained that "60 Minutes" had already conducted the interview, but was unlikely to include Roome's account in their report, telling Killian Jr.: "We think he is pretty pro-Bush."

Killian detailed his interview with Mapes to ABC radio host Sean Hannity on Friday, explaining that both he and his stepmother had been contacted by "60 Minutes."

But like Roome, their comments wound up on the cutting room floor.

"She wanted to interview me about my dad and how he felt about George Bush," he told Hannity. "Then she proceeded to ask me about documents."

Killian quoted the "60 Minutes" producer as saying, "We're trying to get our hands on some documents that your dad supposedly wrote that were not very flattering towards then-Lieutenant Bush."

Killian recalled that he immediately questioned whether his father would have written the critical comments, telling Hannity that he knew his father actually admired Bush because "we talked about it."

Killian Jr. even warned "60 Minutes" that any documents purporting otherwise were likely to be of questionable origin.

"I don't know of any such documents. Dad didn't keep any home office or anything like that. . . . There were no secret files, there were no off campus files. Any files that my father would have kept would have been in his office."

"60 Minutes" also contacted his stepmother, Killian said, who told Rather's crew that her late husband had great admiration for Bush.

Mrs. Killian has since challenged the authenticity of the CBS documents, saying her husband didn't even know how to type.

An astonished Hannity asked, "You said this to '60 Minutes' and they didn't include any of this in their report?"

"That's correct," Killian responded.

Ironically, while Gary Killian was on the air with Hannity, CBS issued a statement that claimed interviews conducted by Rather's team "with former Texas National Guard officials and individuals who worked closely back in the early 1970s with Colonel Jerry Killian and were well acquainted with his procedures, his character and his thinking" corroborated their questionable documents.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!! Reply with quote

Quote:

.....especially if any forged documents are traced back to the Kerry campaign.

Forging Federal documents is a Felony in the United States.

I'm gonna love this for a LONG time.

:popcorn

Hanoi John would be a welcome guest at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary I'm sure.

:aua

:fg

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!! Reply with quote

I'm surprised the Democrats settled on Kerry since he has so much bad baggage going back 35 years. They have some good people they could have gone with, like Joe Lieberman - who ran as VP with Gore, Dick Gephart, Joe Biden and others. They need a few old time populist leaders like Zell Miller who's moderate and not worried about political correctness. He sure gave a helluva speech at the GOP convention.

No need to jail Kerry. Though I'd bet there's a buncha vets who like a few minutes alone with him - and that would satisfy me! :box

Even "Hanoi Jane" was man enough to publicly apologize to Vietnam vets some years back; Kerry should've learned a lesson from her.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hey!! We had PC's in 1972 and didn't know it!! Reply with quote

Oh Yeah, Seismo, just tossing out a few good blogs by guys who are/have been in the military: "Chief Wiggles" is involved bigtime in helping Iraqi children and "Citizen Smash" is another good man. He has a story about the next phony "Bush scandal" that'll be coming down the plumbing:

Citizen Smash

The Next Fake Scandal

GOSSIP WRITER Kitty Kelley’s lastest book, The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, is set to hit bookstores Monday morning. The book is rumored to contain bombshell revelations about the Bush family, including one story about George W. using cocaine at Camp David, during his father’s presidency.

Here’s the catch: Kelley cites Sharon Bush, Neil Bush’s ex-wife, as the source for many of these tales. But despite being estranged from the First Family, Sharon Bush categorically denies the allegations:

“I categorically deny that I ever told Kitty Kelley that George W. Bush used cocaine at Camp David or that I ever saw him use cocaine at Camp David. When Kitty Kelley raised drug use at Camp David, I responded by saying something along the lines of, 'Who would say such a thing?'

"Although there have been tensions between me and various members of the Bush family, I cannot allow this falsehood to go unchallenged."

Expect this story to hit on Monday morning, when Kelley is scheduled to appear on NBC’s Today.

--------------------------------------

And the other great fellow is at:

Chief Wiggles

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 9/12/04 1:23
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: