MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

Well my 'religious' friends didn't say a word about the link, so I'm guessing maybe I did offend them?!?! *gulp*

hahaha My remembered expression from Dutch was (I am spelling it wrong as I was only taught verbally) Ja hep ne moi ye lull - I said this to my Dutch vet who told me "Thank you. I know I have a nice penis" :blush Now I could kill my Dutch schoolfriend..... >:

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

Ah well, (bb)Chris, some folks get very serious when it comes to their religious beliefs. (I mean in a bad way "serious".)

LOL!! It is funny what people can say when they don't know the language very well. I once told a long ago roomie who was from Mexico, "Yo tengo no cerebro", I don't remember what I was trying to say, but what I said there was "I have no brain"! hahaaha!

Similar to your line, when I was studying Swedish in school the class had to learn all about traditional Swedish Christmas dinner. One of the items was pigsfeet, in Swedish "grisfötter". When I came home from school I read the menu off to my mom. Both my parents grew up in homes where Swedish was prominently spoken. When I said "grisfötter", her eyes bugged out and she guffawed & asked "What did you say?". I repeated it and both my folks had a laff. When I asked what was so funny, the Mom told me that I was pronouncing it wrong; "fötter" does means feet (as in pigsfeet), but "fitta" - as I was saying it - is vulgur slang for the female equipment!!

Oddly enough, those into the old south (US) blues might remember hearing some of the ladies sing about "pigfoot", which was sometimes used in reference to er...er...well, as they say in Dutch "nice penis".

==ron==

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

RON!! hahahahhahaa Great stories!! It would appear you have your tongue in my linguistic pies? :banana

COOL!

Are you of Swedish ancestry?

|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

<<It would appear you have your tongue in my linguistic pies?>>

Ha! Well, it's more like "jack of all trades, master of none"! But I love languages, communications. Words & origins fascinate me.

Yeah, Chris some of my grandparents were born of Swedish parents in the US, the others immigrated from Sweden. I already knew some Swedish before I took classes from being around the parents and "old timers", I enjoyed listening to their stories. It was common for people from Scandanavia (Swedes, Norway, Danes, Finns, etc.) to settle in this part of the US in the late 1800s/first half of the 1900s. I believe the largest immgrant bloc currently in Minnesota is Hmong.

Anyway, I have enough trouble with Englsih, so ya think I'd know better!

==ron==

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

I meant "MANY" linguistic pies! hahahahahha

The Swedish language sounds difficult to me - all Scandanavian languages do! hahahahhaa

Your English is FAB!

|

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

Quote:
"Es seit so aus als op eine Tropishe insle vara".

:sensational :eyebrow Real close, Ron!

:ft "Es sieht so aus, als ob es eine tropische Insel wäre."

or better

"Es sieht so aus als wäre es eine tropische Insel!"

:D Chris

Edited by: AQUARIAN AGE  at: 3/21/03 5:51:37 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

So how would you say "The Blah blah board is the coolest place in the cyber world?" in German AND Swedish? :banana

|

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

:ft "Das BLAH BLAH Board gehört einem kühlen blassen Cyberweib!"

:yeah :merci :laugh :bonk :nana :blush

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

bbChris - I'm glad AqAge Chris handled the German translation - internet terminology is relatively new so terms in english are usually lifted as they are to languages that use a similiar alphabet. (e.g. BB, cyber, internet, WWW.) I'm not knowledgable to which degree such words were adopted in German and what original German terms were invented. Illustrates the difference in having an experiental, living use of a language!

For example, in Swedish the term for "message board" is "anslagstav", but it originally has the same meaning as the english counterpart - a tangible place on which to post message. It was also applied to newspaper want-ad type things, before the internet came along. But just as commonly, IT (internet technology) terms were lifted from english so you'll see recognizable words in the middle of some odd looking sentence.

In Swedish:

'Blah blah' är den bästa anslagstav på det internet.

lit and pretty much word for word - "Blah, blah is the best message board on the internet"

It's also not unusual to hear english slang used unmodified - like "cool" - in Swedish.

It's not that hard of a language to learn, Chris. certanly not as difficult as character-based languages (Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, etc.)!

What's fun to look at in any language is it's slang, unique expressions, proverbs and idioms: here's a few literal translated idoms in Swedish from the link at bottom;

"The clock is only the child"

(Klockan är bara barnet)

meaning: The evening is young

"There is no cow on the ice."

(Det är ingen ko på isen.)

meaning: No danger. Don't worry. Everything will be OK.

"Hello, jump in the blueberry forest!"

(Hej hopp i blåbärsskogen!)

meaning: A cheerful expression to be used when you are a bit surprised.

home.swipnet.se/~w-52132/...idiom.html

==ron==

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

"Es sieht so aus, als ob es eine tropische Insel wäre."

=====

Yup, that's how it went! But I still have no use in real life to say it, hahaahaaa! Funny how we remember such silly things :)

==ron==

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

Ähm, think there was a slight mistake in the German translation.:merci :bonk ;) :bday

"Das BLAH BLAH - Forum ist der coolste Ort im Cyberspace!" is more what you wanted, even if the first translation could lead more people here!:laugh :devil

Master Zap

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: God angrily clarifies Don´t Kill rule! Reply with quote

Quote:
'Blah blah' är den bästa anslagstav på det internet

As a native Swede, I must step in.

First, it's "anslagstavla". In definite form it's "anslagstavlan".

"Blah Blah är den bästa anslagstavlan på internet"

(No "det", "det" is NOT the definitive article because there are no definite article in Swedish, they are suffixes)

Now, the word "anslagstavla" is wrong. It means litterally "bulletin board" in the very physical sense. The Swedish word "diskussionsforum" (= discussion forum) would be more appropriate.

However, if we get into SLANG, as we use it daily, we call it "bullbord". That is just a sound-alike slang for "bulletin board", but literally means "bun table" :) :D

We say it ever day. So the proper slang phrase is:

"Blah blah är fetaste bullbordet på nätet"

Which literally means "Blah blah is the phattest 'bun table' on the net" :)

/Z

Master Zap - online musician maestro -www.Master-Zap.com

Public announcement: The above poster, 'Master Zap' is a witty, homorous and funny

guy. If you read something written that you might interpret 'offensively', please read it

again with a giggle, coz it is quite probably intended in a sarcastic and humorous manner.

The poster is a nice and friendly person. Funny too. And handsome. Yeah. For sure.

Social Spit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: bullbord, heh? Reply with quote

I like that!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: