MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Cover song competition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Cover song competition Reply with quote

How many of you are interested in participating or contributing to a cover song competetion ? What I had in mind is to get everyone to submit a song title or ten and we all pick out or vote for the top 3. Then we go ahead and do a cover version of one of the 3 songs chosen. Upload them to a site (any suggestions) and we get to comment on them all. Who cares who the winner is (we're all winners right) Maybe Chris can monitor this one.

Like to hear your feedback.

Marko

www.mp3.com/lastflightout

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cover song competition Reply with quote

I'll monitor it. You can organise it! hahahaha What's the prize?

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Well Marko Reply with quote

I have about 100 songs available for being covered. You can find them here...

Ted Acoustic Radio I Ted Blues Radio I Ted Classic Rock Radio I Ted Pop Radio I Ted Love Songs Radio

I would welcome any artist to cover any one of them. I have been lucky enough to have about 20 or so artist already cover me, you can find their versions of my songs here...TED's COVERS RADIO, Every artist who covers me also gets on a compilation CD that raises money and awareness for Cancer research.

Waddya think?

Ted Lehman.com
Where to go for GREAT Classic Rock music!!!

Jennifer Ball 8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Marko Reply with quote

This sounds KOOL..I'm definitely in.

LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Marko Reply with quote

Ok

As far as a prize goes....maybe we could have Bbchris come around and cook you dinner, or wash your car for a week, or even give you her car lololol. I'd do it but I'm busy that week haha. Alrighty then.

Why don't you pick a well known song you like and do a cover of it. We did this a couple of years ago but accoustic versions only. I think about 10 of us did whatever we could with a guitar and our vocals. It was cool fun.

The only thing is, I don't know where we would post the song files when they are done. Any ideas there ?

I'm off to work.

Marko

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: You'd have to pick a OMD that allows you to make stations... Reply with quote

MP3.com you could do it for free, you'd just have to set up a bunch of artist pages with 3 songs on each page and then add them to a station.

I know Ampcast lets you have stations but I don't think you could do anything there for free.

As for prizes If Chris would just talk to me I'm in... ;) Kidding, she talks to me all the time. The artist's who participate can donate their CD's as prizes. I certainly will.

Ted Lehman.com

LFO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: You'd have to pick a OMD that allows you to make station Reply with quote

Connery Faire's in!!! Whoohoooo!!!

I'd be happy if BBchris and Marko would talk to me.... I'm so lonely....

LFO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: You'd have to pick a OMD that allows you to make station Reply with quote

Only problem with using mp3.com stations is all the waiting to get the songs approaved and making up artist pages etc... I'll go check out hypermart.net and see if I can set up a site called "cover tunes" or something like that. Then it if works, I'll post the url and login/password here. We can all go there and upload the songs when done and download each others to take the big ass listen.

Unless anyone has a smoother idea of course..I'm all ears <G>

Marko

P.s. Howdy Mate to our other Aussie member ! I thought was all alone.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cover song competition Reply with quote

So the idea is to choose a song and do an ACOUSTIC version of it? And the winner gets to have Marko for a housekeeping slave? Did I get that right?

|

LFO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cover song competition Reply with quote

Hmmm dunno bout me being a slave and stuff. I finally broke free from all that. But I can mow ya lawns lol. I'd say just come up with either an accoustic or somewhat accoustic/unplugged cover tune. See how many different sounds we will get. For those that only have electric gear, go ahead and use it. Whatever... I can't find a site that will host a free web page and give me at least 20 meg. Still looking though.

Off to work..

Markoooooo.... p.s. where's my underblurb ??

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cover song competition Reply with quote

I'm working on it, I'm working on it. Your underblurb that is.

Regarding a website that will let you host music - go to www.1sound.com - they let you host SIX songs for free. But I'm not sure about "cover" versions. mp3.com you have to get proper permission to do a cover song.

Heck I'll host the songs if there's any problems I run six different websites hahahahaha

Can we hammer out some more conditions & terms & suggestions of prizes before we start an 'official' thread

|

LFO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cover song competition Reply with quote

Yeah thaT SOUNDS good Chris

The reason I suggested 'Accoustic' was for the simple fact that they are quick and easy to record. Not only that, but it will make it hard for anyone to hide their real talent if they can't bury it in a full band production. In my view (and this is only my view) these things are done for fun cause they are to hard to run as a real comp. For starters, you would have to find 3 un-bias judges who have enough experience to actually make a good decision blah blah blah <G>. Then you will get people disagreeing with those judges and ....ahhhhh we don't wanna hear all that bitching do we ??? (puff puff)

Like I said, it's only my views, but if we had some sort of accoustic friendly comp, recorded however you want and get people to vote on them maybe. We wouldn't want to see people spending money on studio time and high end production for this.

Umm what does anyone/everyone else have to say.

(tounge in cheek) Marko

PANick11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: ()()()()()()()()()()<><><><><> Reply with quote

maybe we could agree on A band...and contestants can cover any tune by that band...

ya think?

suggestions....

Pink Floyd

Talking Heads

two bands I've always wanted to cover!!!

PANick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ()()()()()()()()()()<><><><>< Reply with quote

That's a good suggestion PANick! Except I don't know any Pink Floyd or Talking Heads songs! hahahahahahaha

|

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: What is the licensing? Reply with quote

I've been remastering some live covers I have of songs by Frank Zappa, Elton John, Momma's & the Poppas, Crosby Stills and Nash, Louden Wainright III and it seems like I can't find a way to license less then 500 CD's.

When I licensed these 2 Joni Mitchell Woodstock Big Yellow Taxi Medley songs my total fees were about $75. It gave me the rights to publish the tracks on less than 500 CD's. Now it seems that you have to license 500 - 2500 at a much higher rate. I went to Harry Fox and it was all greek to me.

Does anyone have a any idea what's up to license now-a-days?

Ted Lehman.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: