MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLX180

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

If mp3s get blocked, everyone will move to something else (probably Ogg Vorbis).

But this does sound very interesting. Can't wait to hear the news .........and be disappointed with it's irrelevance no doubt :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

"Every mp3 related musician" Wont affect me then! :banana

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

I don't know... but this message from a

MP3-Insider made me think:

Quote:
A reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper called me this week...

...Something very bad is coming, something that will affect pretty much every MP3 related musician in the world. Something that, really, brings me to tears.

I wish I could say more, but I can't. I can't even discuss *why* I can't say more, and I'm sorry about that as well.

But I would figure that the big bad news will hit the media sometime in the next couple of weeks, but that's a best guess.

It won't be pretty. It will affect a lot of people. And, it really, really won't be pretty.

*Phew* I dunno... either MP3.com will be sold and changes

it's policy to be only major-oriented (Indie's kick off/out), or there will be some kind of MP3-File-Transmission restrictions because of the RIAA idiocy...

What do you think?

Anybody knows more?

MIKE

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

I couldn't care less.:lol

Steve Iannetti

size="1"> Javamusic :
>MP3.com
: Artistlaunch : 1Sound : My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site
href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records :
>FAP
: IndieLaunch : MP3 Australia

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

same here.

Helge Krabye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

My guess is that the OMD's will no longer be allowed to offer free music. The Performing Rights organizations want to get rid of the free downloads and streams in order to control all income to composers and lyrics writers. Well, this is not bad at all. It just means that much less music will be available at the web, and we will have to start subscribing to the music or simply pay for downloads. We will see... Whatever happens, it will of course not be the end of independent music. It will just be the start of a new area.

Helge K.

www.helgekrabye.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

After reading the post at 1sound.com, its possible that Rod is referring to the sale of mp3.com! Hardly earth-shattering news.....

An interesting way of advertising though as it's got musicians online posting everywhere and adding a link back to 1sound.com. Now ANYTHING that happens at mp3.com, Rod can say he 'knew' about it beforehand - hahahahahahahaha Plus he's got a whole bunch more musicians to check out his site :

|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

Gotta admit.... - he's smart.

I see nothing wrong with 1Sound either.....

After having weighed all the pros and cons of all the OMDs I've found in a year of research, I've found none better than 1Sound.

Has anyone?

If so, how...?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ay, ay... the end of MP3.com is near or what? Reply with quote

Oh I wasn't knocking 1sound.com - just admiring his marketing tactics - free word of mouth - can't beat that - hahahahaa I think it's great for uploading songs & instantly having them online. But since all my artists have their own websites we use this to our advantage no more no less. I made a conscious decision not to advertise anymore OMDs. That's THEIR job not mine! :banana

I like ALL OMDs for DIFFERENT reasons! Still think traditional media such as radio & live shows do heaps better for marketing....

Anyone else care to chime in? :auto

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: