MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Open-Air's and slush-ice machines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Open-Air's and slush-ice machines Reply with quote

We played a little open-air gig last weekend in Hannover/Germany, where we were invited by the organisators who found us -guess it- over the Internet :)

We had hundreds of people attending and foremost played in a totally freaking cool location. The stage was built in front of a little lake in the countryside of northern Germany, the weather was perfect, the beer available in masses and cooled well.

(snapshot of the stage mirroring itself in the lake late in the night)

Since we didn't expect much, we didn't bring our usual recording equipment, but we had at least an ordinary analog cassette recorder with us to provide here a sound example incl. the athmosphere from that evening, maybe you like this slightly different version of one of our typical jam songs:

"King Of My Castle" live in Hannover MP3 download

The best was that apart from beer there was hardly anything else to drink available... so in a desperate search for something like a thirst-quencher (i.e. water or orange-juice) me and my bandmates landed on some sort of Italian ice-juice machine ("slush-ice"). Usually you have strawberry-syrup or something like that mixed with water in the ice-machine... but this one used Vodka! :D So the dudes drinking like hell from that soon made the experience with 40% alcohol LOL This was insane!

(me and Kate Cassidy before the ice-juice :D )

MIKE
mikeburn and friends

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Open-Air's and slush-ice machines Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome location to have a gig!! Kate is SO LUCKY!!

By the way, we all want to see the

me and Kate Cassidy AFTER the ice-juice photos!! :laugh

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Open-Air's and slush-ice machines Reply with quote

Ahhhhhh......!

Open-air gigs - at night. Easy to get a great vibe going under those conditions, huh?

Slush-ice helps, too.

Hey. Good sound from the cassette.... I think you must have a good sound guy - all the levels seem really well mixed for a simple stereo "live" mix....

Who wrote this tune?

Rory Kings
The man behind the curtain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Open-Air's and slush-ice machines Reply with quote

Drooly, The mixer dude was none other than Mr Burn:yahoo he did all from the stage.

So here is a pic just for you

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Open-Air's and slush-ice machines Reply with quote

Oh Sweet Mother of Mary in Heaven with a Scotch and Soda....!!!!!!!!!

Rory. I'm so damn jealous. I can't speak. Or type.

Damn.

Your Woman is HOT, Good Sir......

That picture very much conveys the way I hear her sing.

You lucky son of a bitch.

hmmmph...!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Open-Air's and slush-ice machines Reply with quote

Quote:
droolymutt

I think you must have a good sound guy - all the levels seem really well mixed for a simple stereo "live" mix....

Who wrote this tune?

Drooly :)

Thanks a lot for checking this live version of our jam classic :)

Indeed it's somehow a 'fixed jam', a rhythm/bass-line/guitar-riff/vocal-line we came up with during a rehearsal 3 years ago or so. We always play it different and there is no clear arrangement. In other words it's not written down and it is a 'group effort' always :) Any resemblance with any existing track is not intentional.

Rory did operate the cassette recording and as he had pointed out I did the sound from stage (mixer on stage) on this evening, since our usual sound-dude was not able to make it. In cases like that I rather do it from stage, than let anybody else not used to our music screwing more than we screw already on stage! HAHA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: