MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helge Krabye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

Just wonder if any of you have experinece strange things at MP3.com today. In the Message boards, it look like some hackers have sent hundreds of messages "I'm back" from "Mike Burn". I know Mike have temper, but I doubt this is him.... ;)

And also, my stats fell from almost 2.000 at Tuesday down to 400 Wednesday, with four of my tracks still remaining in the top three of different charts. Does anybode here know if MP3.com had trouble Wednesday, maybe because of hacking?

I also received an e-mail from "MP3.com" which says "You are the winner of the Station Promo auction" dated 12/28/2002. I never made any bid on this station...

Helge K.

mp3.com/helgekrabye

Geosphere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

It was mike bum - BUM - not BURN.

And its a common bug exploit to do repeat posts, though Ive never seen anyone that insane with it.

I have similar stats drop - I think a tally is incorrect there.

Ya got me on the promo auction though, cant explain it.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

Helge...the mp3 bb is going through strange times, due to a lack of moderation there.

As for stats... - everyone's stats were messed up today - I think it was a glitch, or a server problem.

As for all those "Mike" posts, I believe it was someone impersonating him... - again due to a lack of moderation...

Anyways.... - if you want a decent bb to come to, - this one is pretty nice.

Just be careful about the moderator..(bbchris).. - she's tough as nails.....

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

Helge..... GUYS :D

I'm in holidays at the Canary Islands since last week and have only hardly Internet access. I just got a free-spot in the only Internet Café in Los Llanos (Island LaPalma) and don't know when I will get the next one :)

I met Priscilla (Yidneth) at Tenerife last saturday, which was simply a very positive experience :)

I'm neither an anon nor a spammer.

The person(s) who impersonate me and others on the MP3.com-BB are simply dedicated spammers and out of my own observation members of the so called "FU-Hate-Clan".

MP3.com.... they simply don't have the ressources anymore for tight moderation after laying off 50 employees in various departments.

I can understand that.

It takes a lot of time, the way the BB-Board Software there was written (you have to nuke every single topic and can't ban IP-Ranges... only usernames), to CLEAN UP all these spambombers. But it IS possible.

They should create a MP3.com-BB-Board-Moderator-Auction.

I would be the highest bidder and CLEAN UP here.

Another possibility would be, to collect a few thousand dollars within the artist-community and pay a moderator for a month.

But I do like the "outsourcing" option :D :D :D

MIKE

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 1/9/03 10:04:51 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

Well a few people figured out how to multiple posts at the mp3.com bb and then I think Jon (Netjams) admitted he did it and detailed the method, then JDR repeatedly posted Jon's 'confession' so now anyone who's an idiot is multiple spamming. It's no fun without moderation.

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

never seen helge at a bboard before.

hei helge :)

i know who he is, but i doubt he knows who i am.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Hi Helge! Reply with quote

Well I've never talked to you on a bb before! But then I dont post much either! How are you?

Cheers all

debbie

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: What's goin on at MP3.com - hacking? Reply with quote

I've seen Helge on the mymp3board but not on the blah blah board before! WELCOME HELGE!!!!!

hey Debbie you do post a lot :clap

|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

I do? :bigeyes I seem to wander in and then not check in for sometime, then post again... LOL!

This is a great community in any event! I'm terrified of the Mp3 boards.

cheers

d:w

snappy2003

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Really? Reply with quote

Don't mean to be rude but is Helge male or female?

Mp3.c BB a war zone. I am flame warrior so I can handle it. :count

:wgrin

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Really? Reply with quote

Er snappy - just have a look at Helga's photo :banana

|

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Really? Reply with quote

Helga would be the femal version of Helge.

snappy2003

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Really? Reply with quote

Ah...the photo wasn't there when I first posted. Yeah, looks like a male. :p

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: