MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anybody remember Allison Light from old mp3.com?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blumberg

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Anybody remember Allison Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Anybody remember Allison Light from old mp3.com?

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Allison Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Yes. She got a pretty big deal as I recall but didn't quite make it then. She was still gigging around NYC just recently I believe..

I hope something good came her way.. If so what is it David?

Blumberg

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

I'm not sure what she is up to currently, but I saw a concert of hers back in 2002. She was in my NMA

I just came across an article that was pretty chilling and thought of her. She had stayed at a family for her Phila. concert which the dad ended up being a convicted rapist.

www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=9139

It wasn't her, but certainly could have been! Ironically, the family who she stayed with was the dad's good friend from College, my daughter's step-dad went to College with him, his daughter was my Clarinet student, and his wife was my son's pediatrician.

Way too close for comfort.

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Something tells me they both might have been intoxicated when that incident tood place, strange someone would wait til their 50's to do something like that but I think it's pretty common also for college professors to get involved with their their students. But then taking advantage of an intoxicated woman is a form of rape anyway you look at it, it just something you should never let happen.

I think that's why the judge was lenient.. If the guy was a brutal rapist that would have been known much earlier you would think. Then there's the woman who regrets her actions after the fact and crys rape. That happens so often they make things difficult for the actual victims. Then on the other hand it could have been a brutal rape, who really knows?

Was there a finiancial settlement also? The girl who sent Mike Tyson to prison made a million off it and then later tried to got a book and movie deal though she agreed show wouldn't in the original settlement. You should have seen the video of her less that 6 hours after the Tyson rape alledgedly occurred during the dance routine for that show she was in.. That should have been allowed in Tyson's defence.. I think Mike is right when he states that woman raped him.

Rape is a terrible crime and there's the tendency to always believe the victim but you never really know what really happened. Kolbe took advantage of some starstruck girl but did he rape her??? (Who really knows but his conduct is still inecusable..) Women do make false claims, it happens every day. I'm reminded of a woman I met who was in fact a victim and lost her case because of false claims often made..

Sad world we live in.

Blumberg

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

The article didn't really get into the details whatsoever.

It was bad, really bad. The guy drugged the girl - was bad. He hadn't done that before, nor again, but it was bad.

She was in and out of consciousness - made street drugs look very amateur.

Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Well if he did that then he should have done some hard time.. If he did then he's probably done it in the past as well..

There were a couple of idiots locally, early-mid 20's I think that got hooked with some girls just into high school and they slipped them that date-rape drug, I forget what it's called but one of the girls dies from it and the other nearly did also.. They're both doing hard time but the dead girl is never coming back..

Blumberg

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

He didn't do hard time as he was "too important" .........

amazing huh?

Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Unfortunately David there is a class of people who do seem to on fact be above the law. For every 5 people who seeks posistion of authority and influence to benefit the public, there's at least one who do so out of a sick and perverse need to dominate others.. It happens all the time.

Think about it. If you have an advanced criminal mentality which side of the law do you want to be on? I remember some folks involved in every underhanded deal you could imagine who went straight into the police force and no, they didn't change into a dedicated cop, they were dedicated to themselves only.

As far as a being a University professor goes.. Supposedly holding back passing grades in return for favors has been going on for a very long time. And if even 1 in 5 professors are guilty of such conduct this guy probably had plenty of dirt on some of the others..

Look at what Hillsdale President George Roche III was up to.. He was carring on with his son's wife of all people while being the champion of conservative values and the girl committed suicide later..

[url]archive.salon.com/books/it/2000/01/19/hillsdale/print.html[/url]

Edited by: Sterling30 at: 5/4/06 14:46
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Alysson Light turns 21-party at Pianos in NY

MIKE
mikeburn and friends

Blumberg

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember Alysson Light from old mp3.com? Reply with quote

Yup - I saw that before.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: