MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

I'm hoping to tune into them, wouldn't it be great if different channels showed the different concerts? Apart from Madonna, I don't really want to see anyone else in London! hahahahaha I think the Berlin and the Philadelphia line ups are more exciting!!

Here's the link:

www.live8live.com/

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

its not a patch on live aid... the crowd are asleep I think.... Iam watching it now Chris, at home not there!! :)

Yeah the other line ups sound good!!

Paul

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

wow! madonna was fantastic. ive heard her live before and i was never very impressed, but this time shhe ricked. too bad a-ha had so much sound problems

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

Canada's Live 8 City (Barrie, Ontario) is only a few hours drive from me - but I had to work yesterday.. - couldn't go, dammit.. - but I caught a bit of it on T.V....

Hey - did anyone hear about Paul McCartney refusing to play Hyde Park (London) unless he could both open and close the show? What happened there?

Sounds like "Sir Paul" is getting a bit big for his britches, no?

I mean ..... - it's supposed to be a charity thing..

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

yes i read about that over at musicplayer.com

why? it just stupid of him at an event like this. do you think U2 was happy to play with him?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

Well - I think U2 would be happy to play with him.. - He IS a talented guy, after all...

But I think maybe his ego is diminishing the value of his Music...

Like... - lose the "Sir" Paul routine, already. Especially when it's a charity gig.

Anyways.

My band is doing a charity gig in August for ChildFind (They help find missing Children)...

Maybe I should insist that the organizers call me "Sir Ken"....

Hmmmmphhh...!!!

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

Sir Ken....

I think it suits ya !! :)

Yeah I read about sir ego Paul, stamping his feet.... Mmm never mind, he gets away with it.. :)

I think the young pups strugled, however they did good, the old skool proved once again, you cant buy experience..... haha thats why I have a 52 year old guitarist, a 50 year old bass player, a 46 year old drummer and me.... erm Iam the baby!!... hahaha

Paul

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

I was watching MTV yesterday and they showed very short clips of some of the acts. I liked the clip where Bob Geldof showed the girl that had been starving 20 years ago in a photo and she's now a grown up. Really touching

MTV also showed Chris (from Coldplay) in Ghana - that was really worth watching.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

did you see Madonna Chris? ... she was fantastic!!! :)

Paul

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

Here....you can all go.....

RIGHT CLICK HERE AND SAVE AS OR USE YOUR DOWNLOAD MANAGER....IF YOU HAVE BROADBAND YOU CAN STREAM BUT YOU'D BE BETTER DOWNLOADING AND PLAYING IT.....

:bcool

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

NO I didn't see Madonna! I heard she was great!

WOooohooo what's that Seismic? I'm downloading right now and will email to my computer that HAS speakers!! :laugh

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to the LIVE 8 concerts? Reply with quote

Did ya see Pink Floyd? They were fantastic....:bmutant (OK, Waters shouldn´t sing ...):bleh :eyebrow

But I was :l when I saw/heard them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: