MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

empty?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod steel global

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: empty? Reply with quote

whutt

®od

TGACHAAGA

lolson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

my Malmsteen post:bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling

Let there be ®ock

on Interconnected on AcidPlanet with Christofer @ home

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

Read all about it here

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

Quote:
Update: 6/1/05 19:11

Dear ezboard Family,

By now you I am sure that you are quite aware that ezboard's systems were severely attacked early on Tuesday morning. Since that time, we have been focused on getting boards running properly and restoring data. We have restored a significant number of boards and we are continuing to restore boards and system functionality as quickly as possible. I want to bring you up to speed on what we know, what we are doing and what happens next:

Here is what we know:

1/ The attacker erased all historical post data on all boards and a significant amount of back-up data - the reason we have been able to restore some boards at this time is that we have back up data from the May 9th incremental back-up (we perform back-ups every day, but the attacker deleted many of them). As a result, some board data will be restored, with entries between May 9th and the attack missing. We *may* be able to restore this more recent data from data that we can retrieve from RAM on the servers. The probability of this being successful is not known right now.

2/ Personal and credit card information was not compromised - ezboard does not have CC information on file,

3/ User data, ezSupporter and board configuration data was not compromised,

4/ We have restored data to many boards at this point,

5/ We have additional back-up data for approximately 8,000 boards and will be able to restore over half of all Gold Boards,

6/ We have information on the attacker and are building a case,

7/ New security measures have been put into place to reduce the potential for future attacks,

8/ Your Community Chest and board expiry data was in separate systems and will be restored soon,

9/ Trial boards that were moved off of p097 before the attack will likely be OK. Boards that were created on p097 may not be available.

What we are doing:

1/ Repairing systems to allow posting on all boards,

2/ Restoring data where possible,

3/ Actions have been taken to close the method the attacker used to gain access to the systems.

Next Steps:

We want to be sure that your concerns are addressed as directly as possible. In addition to the above information, we ask you to read the Important Announcements and New Server Status forums frequently for updates. Please read these announcements prior to posting your questions in a forum. Because of the scope of the communities were affected by this attack, it will not be possible to give individualized responses to every user, every poster, or every help ticket. Keep in mind that we do read your questions and will certainly combine frequent questions and themes into broadcast messages like this one.

I would like to thank the ezboard operations staff who have been on the job since Tuesday at 5AM and continue to work hard restoring boards and modifying systems to reduce the threat of future attacks. While you may not be aware of their commitment, please believe me that they are working non-stop for you.

In addition to the hard work that these folks are doing, other members of our team are working hard on the next version of your community experience. An experience that will be vastly improved using the knowledge gained from the last five years of ezboard community and the exciting new developments in online interaction happening now.

Thank you for your patience. We will be keeping you updated every until this is resolved. At this point you should expect to see an update at Noon Pacific time each day.

Sincerely,

Rob

Robert Labatt

CEO

ezboard, Inc.

robertlabatt@ezboard.com

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

Quote:
my Malmsteen post

Hmmm.....what post was that, lolson?? :merci

EZBoard writes:
Quote:
we perform back-ups every day, but the attacker deleted many of them
:toc

Huh? Even I know enough to backup important stuff to a computer that's not connected to the internet! And I don't even have a server!!

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

"Regarding your offer for enhanced security for our systems, we'll have to decline. Really, who'd want to hack us?" :h

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

EZBoard writes:

"other members of our team are working hard on the next version of your community experience."

====

"next version" = :frankie

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

And this probably means I'll have to tease and torment you with entirely new threads in the hot topic zone, Galmin.

:evil

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

ok, beer's on you ;)

Sir Reel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

"Huh? Even I know enough to backup important stuff to a computer that's not connected to the internet! And I don't even have a server!!"

Well, that keeps me from having to type it.

What idiots.

lolson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm.....what post was that, lolson

:aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua

Let there be ®ock

on Interconnected on AcidPlanet with Christofer @ home

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

well, i was offline a couple of days and came back to check and gee it's empty indeed

i hope they get back the lost data :(

if not, it will grow up again very soon :)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

I did see your post about your new art before all the threads "disappeared", Priscilla.

Great artwork - I like your use of colors! :sensational

The new website looks good too!

The only thing - when I went to this link new art that you gave, I got this "javascript error message":

But I clicked "OK" and the page displayed okay.

It could be just my browser (IE6), though. And the "error message " popped up only on that one page.

But I like the new design and layout of your site! :yo

Ron

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: empty? Reply with quote

Bummer.....

EZB has always had the Hiccups....this Hacker just turned them up several notches, it appears.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: