MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markhewer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'??? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of this? I just this email and it's not personalized so I'm a bit skeptical.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Regarding the materials on your web site.

I am interested in the materials on your site. Statue is a major

independent record company and would like to discuss the possibility of

releasing this material and doing some radio promotion on it.

If your record is available for licensing and distribution please

contact

me at your earliest opportunity.

Best Regards,

Warren Ryan

Manager A&R Operations

Statue Records Group LA

www.Statuerecords.com

warrenryan@statuerecords.com

Emailed From your artist page on www.mp3unsigned.com

Thanks for your thoughts on this,

Mark

Social Spit

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Looks like the regular poop that I get about 30 or 40... Reply with quote

...Of per month.

If it is not a scam, then just tell the guy, ok sure you can use such and such a song and give him a price. Just say, Sure you can use it, for 500 bucks, non-exclusive rights. If this is a real valid thing they will negotiate with you for a contract and a deal for a certain amount of money, and they will give you a reasonable PRICE for using your song.

Do NOT give your stuff away for free, I have let some of my songs go to friends, but not recently. The biggest thing was I gave the song "Freeway Shooter" to TC for a moovie. Well, the producers of the moovie just sat on the moovie. I never DID get the copy TC promised, he was not allowed to make copies. But I don't care about that... It was a MOVIE and there was a good chance a bunch of people would hear my song on the sound track. It was a 5t0/50 chance and I took it, and it hurt me none to do this, the version of the song I gave was a substantively changed version, so it hurts not the released version.

For a CD project? Give the guy NON-EXCLUSIVE rights to the song for about $1,000. If they are a serious, VIABLE, record company, they can afford it, and will deal with you for it. If they are scammers, you will not hear another peep from them.

Just remember: They are YOUR songs. You DESERVE to be paid for them. NOBODY puts my songs on a CD comp anymore, NOT without PAYING me.

Peace is just around the Butcher Blockhead

NO BIRDFOOKING ALLOWED

(IT'S THE law!)

Edited by: Social Spit at: 5/20/05 23:11
Marlin Perkins III

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'??? Reply with quote

BBB Rates Them As A F

BBB Rating

Edited by: Marlin Perkins III at: 5/21/05 3:18
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'??? Reply with quote

Hiya Mark -

I think if you do even just a little bit of Googling on "Warren Ryan" and "Statue Records", you'll get a whole lot of info & experiences from indie music people.

From what I can tell most of of it seems negative, with a rare positive experience to be found here & there.

One good & quick test for any such operation is to ask them for an "advance against royalties" before you sign. Or for that matter, ask for a "signing bonus"! :D

The Master68

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'??? Reply with quote

cdbaby.org/stories/05/02/14/8744107.html

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'??? Reply with quote

I once got an email from Warren addresssed to Sisters of Sharon and then 1/2 hour later was a second email addressed to Thinking Out Loud!! hahahahahahahahahaha :banana

Mark, we've had previous threads on Statue Records here, only Seismic Anamoly seems to have any thing good to say. Good luck!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone get emailed from 'Statue Records'??? Reply with quote

Forget it, Mark...

In a nutshell..?

They're shysters.

Social Spit

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Haha Reply with quote

Looks like I was right.

Their "websites" look like shite: Look at Seismic Anomalie's site:

http://www.statuerecords.com/jukebox/sales/Seismic.html

Well, I don;t know if they did that themselves or had statue do it.

Too many "Comin Soon" links on the site. "Coming Soon" means "Never Coming at all"

NO BIRDFOOKING ALLOWED

(IT'S THE law!)

markhewer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Haha Reply with quote

Wow...thanks to you all very much for all the input. I really appreciate that. Some great points and advice here.:yo

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Haha Reply with quote

Spit - there ain't no "them"....just "me".

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHING MAY 31ST UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Don't Ask.

Done Commenting.

*Yawn*

Social Spit

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Ah, well... Reply with quote

But you DO have a "real record" for sale somewhere, maybe I'll buy it when I ghet the moolah in my account.

NO BIRDFOOKING ALLOWED

(IT'S THE law!)

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ah, well... Reply with quote

Far Out..... :bcool

CD BABY

OR EVEN CHEAPER HERE

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 5/24/05 5:39
The Master68

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: You might want to break this up into paragraphs... Reply with quote

"Rockin' The Planet Off The Richter Scale..."The project Seismic Anamoly was started in 2002 by Michael S., who lives in Meridian, MS, USA. Seismic Anamoly has been composing and playing music only since 2000, and his work is done primarily utilizing his Peavey EVH Wolfgang, Millennium J Series Bass, and Indianola ER Acoustic.Two Reviews of my Work on this CD:"'Howl At Tha Moon' sounds like a Viking Throwdown. This track manages to be entertaining on sheer energy and heart. This could be the new Indian music, transcendental and good for dancing or meditating while you're ripped out of your brains. The tribal rage will never die. Your playing is all heart and embodies the spirit fully. The style is rendered without the need for fantastic solos or parts. If there were some awesome breaks or beats, differing instruments or passages of different music, there would be more opportunity for glory. But it rocks as is. This is the most straightforward music I've encountered in this genre; call it 'Wordless Rock Groove'."(Music Industry Review, Make-A-Star.com - January, 2003) "The drums might sound slightly hollow although the musicianship throughout 'Broken Dreams' is fairly solid. You can especially here this in distorted power guitars that enter with the climax around the two-minute mark. This is the point where the song probably takes off and displays the most energy and from here on in it's a great power metal listening experience. For fans of up-and-coming power metal, 'Broken Dreams' is a track that you won't want to miss."(MP3Magazine.net - December, 2002)WHAT FANS ARE SAYING:Seismo...Dude, that's some awesome guitarin' you got goin'on. Very cool indeed; at times you swear the guitar is talking to you....I don't know if this is what you were aiming for....but I got a cool vocalistic vibe from the way you played and phrased the guitar melodies. The cool funky track underneath seems to function as a music score on its own...kinda "Blade Runnerish" vibe. And the guitar is narrating a story to us. Very cool...gotta love it.Kim Riemer (on "Crying In The Rain")"Dr Kim45"NutCity Music Discussion ForumHey Seismo! I checked out the links you sent. Dude, your music rocks! Simply put...your guitar playing is a breath of fresh air to a sometimes stagnant world! RockDog The RockZoneWHAT FELLOW ARTISTS ARE SAYING: A brilliant track. The guitars sound so crunchy and powerful. The song title gives you an idea of what's going on in the musicians head as he created this. Aggresive track. You could play this at a party and it would lift the whole energy of the party up. Am now dancing around the living room and can no longer type as this song makes me want to "Howl at the Moon"!!Chris Bowers (bbChris)Sisters Of Sharon, Thinking Out Loud, Shazza Music I've been a fan of Seismo since I first heard him. A great musician who's songs are original and have high quality production. 'Howl At Tha Moon' is vintage Seismo and would make an awesome soundtrack piece. It's like Soundgarden meets Joe Satriani at Van Halen's house! Brilliant!!!Mark HewerMark Hewer ProductionsI just listened to Seismo's "Howl at tha Moon" and I thought it was a really dynamic track. I love the use of counter melody...that is so cool. It feels like it should be in an action adventure movie..something like a Vin Diesel Triple XXX kind of movie...It sounds Awesome!!! Seismo is Coooooool!Sammi MorelliSammi Morelli ProductionsI just listened to "Howl at tha Moon"; What a fantastic song!! I was blown away by the guitar playing, and the production is really great. Seismo knows how to Rock!! I couldn't help dancing, and now, excuse me while I go outside.....I feel like doing a little howling myself!!David JamesDavid M. James MusicAnother killer cut from the Seismic one! This dude has so many great songs and you gotta checkout this one.."HOWL at the MOON"..it is a definite must for your HEADBANGIN NEEDS!!! The guitars growl n roar!! Go out and get Seismic Anamoly music; it ROCKS HARD!! This dude will blow your speakers- SPREAD THE WORD!!!!Art "Flesh" GordonFlesh Gordon ProductionsJust had a listen to your tunes. They took me back. I heard every influence that you described in your bio in "Just Don't Give a Damn". You get great chunk out of your rig. "Broken Dreams" was my favorite. Great work. Dale Haywood Haywood's KinACCOMPLISHMENTS OF VARIOUS SONGS ON THIS CD:"Broken Dreams" reached #1 on the Power Metal and #5 on the Overall Metal charts at MP3.com, September, 2002 "Broken Dreams" and "Come With Me" reached number 6 and 27 respectively on Maddog Rock Radio's Top 40 chart the week of October 24, 2002 "Broken Dreams" reached #1 on the Overall and Hard Rock/Metal charts at MPulse.com, December, 2002 "Broken Dreams" included on Volume II of WSVN Radio's Hall Of Fame Compilation out January, 2003 "Howl At Tha Moon" made Semi-Finalist at Make-A-Star.com, February, 2003"Howl At Tha Moon" reached #2 on Instrumental Rock chart at MP3.com, February, 2003 "Anthem For HCP" reached #1 on MP3.com Instrumental Metal chart, February, 2003 "Snake Eyes" reached #1 on MP3.com Instrumental Metal chart, March, 2003 "Runnin' Amok" reached #1 on MP3.com Progressive Metal chart, March, 2003"Broken Dreams" voted one of four Finalists in "Chicago Music Madness" at Chicago Music Scene, August, 2003"Broken Dreams" reached #5 on ARTISTLAUNCH Metal chart, January, 2004"Tsunami" reached #5 on ARTISTLAUNCH Metal chart, January, 2004 "Crying In The Rain" reached #1 on ARTISTLAUNCH R&B/Funk chart, #7 on overall Top 40 chart, March, 2004"Scuttlebutt Strut" reached #1 on ARTISTLAUNCH Metal chart, #9 on overall Top 40 chart, April, 2004"Come With Me" reached #2 on ARTISTLAUNCH Metal chart, May, 2004 I strive to capture and reflect the styles of Van Halen, Nugent, and Marino in my compositions...hard driving Power Metal/Acoustical..this was the sound that I grew up with and came to love..I hope people enjoy it for what it is in general - body-movin', mind-pleasin' metal/rock ear candy.Seismic Anamoly is proudly represented and promoted by Statue Records Group of Los Angeles, CA, USA, and GMM Records of Worthing, England, UK.

--------------

--------------

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: You might want to break this up into paragraphs... Reply with quote

They copied and pasted that from the CD Baby page...if I can log in and break it up, I will....thanks for the heads up, my brutha!!

The Master68

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: You might want to break this up into paragraphs... Reply with quote

No problemo...

--------------

--------------

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: