MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Keyboard Question...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

How do you make that sliding sound (like when you slide a bar up and down the strings of a guitar) on a keyboard.

I tried sliding my finger down the keys, but it still sounds a bit choppy (like hitting one key after another). Is there some doo-hickey you can use to slide up and down the keys?

Example: the end of "Do me, baby" by Prince...

Cybernetic Organism (Organismo Cibernetico)

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

"Pitch-Wheel" :D

Usually to be found on the left edge of most keyboards :D

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

Mine has one of those, but it only goes to the next note. Not all the way up or down the scale...

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

Well, there's a setting to control the pitch wheel's behaviour in each Performance/Bank of your keyboard (usually) :D

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'll have to check the instruction book...

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

best thingto do.....

throw ya keyboard in the bin.... keyboards are shite... :)

:)

Paul

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

oh that's not true

keyboards are a really amazing and versatile instrument, but unfortunately i have to agree that they CAN NEVER mimic the real sound of a guitar properly. I'ts better to go for other sounds than emulate a synth guitar. Anyway, mike is right, the pitch bend, can be sometimes effective for some guitar highlights, but never a complex performance.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

Quote:
Cybernetic Organism68

Hmmm, I'll have to check the instruction book...

You need to lookup the pitch-wheel :D section and check for setings like "range" or "+/-"... then select a value greater +1 where +12 means a full octave. In the moment your pitch wheel settings seem to be something like +1 :)

As far as you will be able to reproduce a good guitar sound with your keyboard... buy a guitar! LOL ;)

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

Yep... buy a guitar :bday

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Question... Reply with quote

I have a guitar...

I'm not trying to mimic a guitar with it. Just make that sliding sound with key sounds.

I just used the guitar sliding as an example, because I couldn't think of anything else... Ha ha

Edited by: Cybernetic Organism68 at: 3/19/05 13:48
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: