MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Question of the Week - 23 August 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

Someone you love deeply is brutally murdered and you know the identity of the murderer, who unfortunately is acquitted of the crime. Would you seek revenge?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
Talk Soup | Cantonese Funk |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

Hard question....

Me....?

I would ask God to handle it...

Because I couldn't handle something that heavy on my own...

Miss B. ? - Do you ever Pray?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

But "revenge" is something that belongs to beings lower than us, Chris...

You silly Girl. I think you taught me that.

Silly thing.

Silly, silly girl..

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

Call me a Lower Being (some of you already do), but....

No Doubt About It.

It would just be a matter of time.

Then God could do as see saw fit with me.

If Jesus hadn't asked Him to show forgiveness, God himself was prepared to take revenge on the entire human race for the killing of his Most Beloved.

Stan Arthur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

No. I have too much at stake. I have a wife and kids depending on me. What's done is done. It's in God's hands. Regarding real faith, this is where the rubber meets the road.

Barely Pink

The Vodkanauts

Vote Democrat and have a heart.

Vote Republican and have a brain.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: I don't know Reply with quote

I don't think I could seek revenge. I just think of the millions of injustices perpetrated on hapless people and how they continued on with their lives - I believe, somehow, you do get strength from somewhere to go on - why not use that strength for a larger purpose than revenge. Some people fight for justice (legally) for others because of this.

I have seen justice being served in my life, through surprising third party means, but never via my own revenge, but I only hope I am never ever in the position where I have to make a choice.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

I thought it was a deep thought-provoking question to have for this week.

I think I would FEEL like revenge at first but I'm smart enough to know the feeling would pass. I would feel anger too. That would pass too. Time is a great healer.

SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

Although I have had my revenge in the past, I always felt worse after. I hate the feeling of hurting or causing any grief. It doesn't feel right to me. Last time I had revenge was 1978, and now I just refrain and let time work at it's won pace. I believe what comes around goes around at some point.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
"

~
Hunter S. Thompson

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

You guys are probably right and you have some excellent points, but if someone brutally killed my 7 year old son and got off because of some stupid legal technicality due to a police investigation foul-up, it would be virtually impossible for me to prevent myself doing what I know I would do to the killer. I may regret it later, but I know what I would do. Nothing could stop it.

Shame me if you will; that's just the way it is. :dunno

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

I dont think I could handle it full stop.

I think revenge would be my first reaction, but then the two wrongs dont make a right, would kick in!

:)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

If I really *knew* it beyond a shadow of a doubt.....missing, presumed dead.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 23 August 2004 Reply with quote

Is it a question of 'who you love' ? No one needs to answer that. If that guilty person got off because of a technicality AND showed no remorse, and the person who was killed was the only reason you had for living.....? I hope no one I know is ever faced with this question.

Social Spit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: That sucks Chris Reply with quote

I don't think I could ever kill anyone.

When I was younger I would contemplate killing people that did fooked up things to me, but those were bad thoughts.

Now, I don't think I could seek vengeance on anyone like that.

Quote:
De 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Ro 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Peace is just around the Butcher Blockhead

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

I guess the bottom line is always the same in life....we truly don't know what we'd do unless we were faced with the actual, real situation.

With me, all it would take is staring at a picture of my bloody, dead Son while his killer was drinking a brew down at the Pub with his Slut.

:evil

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

I'd let God, Budda, Allah, etc. handle it.

"I'm listening to many many children tell me how Buddy Rich wasn't a real musician. Real musicians keep it real, like J Lo"

- Random BBS'er, benfolds.org

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: