MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

Halle Berry Slams Plastic Surgery

Naturally stunning actress Halle Berry has slammed women who undergo cosmetic surgery and finds the whole process "terrifying". The Oscar-winner made the comments as she joined her Catwoman co-star Sharon Stone at a press conference at London's Dorchester yesterday, ahead of the film's British premiere. Berry says, "We've become obsessed with beauty and the fountain of youth. I'm really saddened by the way women mutilate their faces today in search of that. I see women in their thirties pulling this up and tucking that back. It's like a slippery slope -once you pull one thing one way and then you think, 'Oh God, I've got to do the other side.' There is this plastic, copycat look evolving and that's frightening to me. It's really insane and I feel sad that's what society is doing to women." Stone, who has recently denied she had plastic surgery after reports suggested she had gone under the knife, adds, "You have to do what makes you feel good."

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

axella

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

What she says is a healthy point of view, I think. I was wondering recently who is going to play the 60 year old women in the coming years, when no one will look 60.

I remember during her exercise video heyday, Jane Fonda slamming plastic surgery, saying, "We should make friends with our wrinkles", blah, blah, blah. Then it turned out she was full of crap, and had gone under the knife herself.

THEN media images suggest women should be at least a C cup, or they are "underendowed". It's sick when people are going to HFC or AGC getting high-interest loans to pay for big, hard, fake boobs.

Men should take a look at what they drool over, and THEN can ask why women feel under such pressure to look "young".

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

Personally?

I prefer Women who look like Humans.....

But that's just me.......

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

Quote:
She is a good role model for women....

I definitely admire your taste, Larree....

Nice.

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 8/4/04 4:51
4teetoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

i think her two hit-and-runs disqualify her.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

I think Halle Berry is an incredibly sexy & hot woman. Wasn't she amazing in that James Bond film?? I am so looking forward to seeing Catwoman this weekend!! Wooooooohooooooooooo

About plastic surgery? I thought it was all about market demand? Who was that actress in that romantic film with Jack Nicholson a few months ago? She's in her 50s and Jack played a character that only dated women under 30. At one point in the movie, she's naked on screen and my God she looks fantastic!! She's a great rolemodel for older women. ANd Kim Basinger is moving into the older women roles too.

THe women themselves have got to understand they can't play the babe roles for ever.........

So facial plastic surgery is a no no. What about breast implants?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

Quote:
I prefer Women who look like Humans.....

Well far be it for me to screw up this thread with a picture of an Inhuman...taken care of, my man. :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

Halle Berry looks like a woman! What on Earth does Droolymutt mean?

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

Quote:
What on Earth does Droolymutt mean?

It's a Secret.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: I love Halle Berry. She is a good role model for women. Reply with quote

And I never divulge secret information.

So There...!

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Society is so crazy about looks and image that people unfortunately feel they need to do these types of things to be loved. It will only go away when we stop being judgemental about looks... I'm amazed that breast augmentation surgery is often given as gifts to teenage girls... ewwwwww.

I couldn't care less one way or the other. I can't bear the thought of surgery or stiches or needles or anything ewwwww. But if others can tolerate the awful pain and can afford it :dunno Personally I like imperfections, it makes a person human.

Halle Berry is very near perfect, so of course she wouldn't want to (or need to) go under the knife. Also she's still young looking now. I hope she sticks to her word and grows old gracefully.

Another thing is, caucasion skin is much finer/thinner than black or asian skin and ages much faster. Chances are Halle will stay younger looking for longer than her caucasion hollywood counterparts, so maybe by the time she feels she needs to go under the knife the fad will be over and there'll be a revolution in body perception... hahaha yeah right.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally I like imperfections, it makes a person human.

Bingo.

Which is why I love most of my Friends.

They aren't perfect.

They are simply Human...

I love that..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Ah no one is imperfect, we are all perfect images of love/life/God. Choose what's appropriate to you

|Talk Soup |

axella

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Hey, one day my face will be down to my ankles, and I'll be able to tie my boobs in a knot behind my neck, but when that day comes, I'll be able to go out and listen to a band without getting hit on by sleazebags! :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

hahahahaha Axella!!! :rollin

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: