MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

BB Chris... favor please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dond123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Back when the earth was cooling, I had a lot of my clothes custom made. Good year in the studio this year, and, I want to reward myself with a new, formal, 3pc, men's suit of my own design. The custom tailors I used in the past are all retired and dead today.

Hong Kong is known for making custom clothes.

From your prior posts, I know you do some of that for woman's fashion items.

Could you please get me contact info for a custom tailor who could work from my custom design?

Thank you in advance.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Don! I hope I can help you! I'm pming you now! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

OK, but we have to have pictures of the final product, Don included.

"It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back."

~
Mick Jagger

dond123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

BBChris, thanks, got it.

Sintz, You might not really want a photo. I choose fabrics to match my grey hair, and, my clothes designs are very unusual...Not quite mainstream...Like my personality.

SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Unusual works for me. Fork over the pictures old man!!! :D

~
Mick Jagger

dond123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Sintz,

Ok, when they're done, I'll post photos. My SIL is a fashion photographer, so, I can actually get real shots done.

It will be awhile...Hopefully, with Chris's help I can find a new custom tailor. My last one retired.

The design is for my version of a conservative 3pc mens suit.

The outer coat is double vented, with a true Edwardian collar. Usually 3 or 4 button. The sleeves have a mild flare at the end. No outside pockets on the outer coat...Just two inside pockets. Collar hole for a boutinere

The vest has formal lapels and a single watch pocket on the lleft side. My other "trademark" is I actually use 19th century pocket watches, and, I have a fob from the 1700's that holds them to the vest. When I wear a suit, I don't wear a watch.

My wife likes my butt, so pants are tailored tight in back, and, there is a small flare at the bottom of the legs. Wide belt loops, because I don't like skinny belts.

Many of my shirts are also custom made. Button down collars made a half inch higher then normal. Drilled for tie cross pins, to tab the shirt when I wear a tie. Cuffs are all 5" french barrel cuffs, again with a slight flare at the end. All will take cufflinks, and, I use them too.

Told you, it's weird geezer ware I create for myself.

Edited by: dond123 at: 10/16/05 2:08
SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Quote:
Told you, it's weird geezer ware I create for myself.

No way! It sounds really cool! I'd love a suit like that myself. I don't care that much for my standard business suits. I like to stand out and it sounds like you have created a trademark standard. Cant wait for the pics!

~
Mick Jagger

dond123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Sintz,

I think I still have your snail addy. If you want, I could send you a few rough detail sketches that I would share with the tailor. By the time I locate a new tailor, pick fabrics, and, they custom make the suit. This will take months.

You can do the same thing I'm doing, if you don't like an "off the rack" look. Design your own look, and, have it custom made for yourself.

It ain't cheap, but, it really isn't a fortune more to have your clothes custom made. A good shirt off the rack is close to $30. A custom made shirt is $4o. Custom Suits usually cost me around $500. About the same as a very good suit off the rack.

I know nothing of fashion design, but, have my own sense of style. With careful measurements, rough sketches, and a good tailor, that's all you need to personalize your wardrobe.

I chose details I liked going back 200 years, and, put together stuff I liked for just me.

Actual Edwardian collars aren't that old...big thing in the 1960's,

Lapeled vests go back to the Victorian age.

Leg an arm flares are 1960's too. I added the flares to 18th century barrel French cuffs to look good under my suit coats.

Many of my details are because of where and how I use the suits....No outside pockets, because I'll use them, if they are there, and, stuffing the pockets wrecks the look of the suit. I used to wear them teching large scale events, because everybody could find me...The suits draw attention in a crowd, and, how many sound engineers ever dressed in a 3 piece suit at your gigs? My public "trademark"

Deep pants pockets and only one rear pocket, makes my life easier. Same with double inside pockets, and, wide belt loops.

Also, all your custom stuff is tailored and custom fitted. You look good, and, fine tailoring is subtle, but every woman that sees you will realize your suits are truly tailored well. They just look good.

My only problem is picking fabrics...i choose by how they look, and, some I chose were very impractical for daily use.

If Chris finds me a good Hong Kong tailor, you'll know one too.

Create a Sintz wardrobe, personalized for you.

The other thing you need is faith in yourself, and, your own taste. You are making unusual stuff. Your wardrobe isn't mainstream. It's different. Just one example, for a few years I was doing a lot of driving with short stops at clients. I live in cold, snow country. Instead of a traditional overcoat I designed a cape. In the car, the heater kept me warm, so, I could just let it sit on the seat back. I would wrap myself in the cape to go inside in the cold, then throw it over my arm inside. How many guys you know ever wear a cape? Totally practical for my needs, but, unorthodox clothing in the real world.

If peer acceptence is important to you, this isn't the way to go out in public. You will be noticed in custm suits and clothes.

Edited by: dond123 at: 10/17/05 2:56
Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Hey Dond, since you design your own suites, why not do a whole line of Dond-Wear ?

You could bundle it with 78rpm records.

ha ha ha

dond123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BB Chris... favor please? Reply with quote

Steve,

They wouldn't sell in the real world. Too esoteric.

Also, if I bundled them, it would be with a built in ipod, or cord free cell phone...something practical

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: