MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Blah new blah track :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Very atmospheric, you can certainly picture some majestic surroundings as you listen. I also like the use of the delicate notes.

Cool.

:yo

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Hello! Waving back from Hong Kong! :w I'm having trouble playing your track! I will stop off in a cyber cafe if possible later and listen over and over to my hearts content!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

<<I can play mp3 files ON my computer thru winamp but it wont stream anything from mp3.com>>

Yipes, I hope I didn't give you bad advice, Chris! It really sounds like you just need to get WinAmp to be associated with streaming mp3s. The mime types/extension that should be opened by mp3 would be:

audio/MP3

.mp3

audio/m3u

.mpu

audio/x-mpeg

.mp3

audio/x-mpegurl

.m3u

audio/x-mpegurl

.mp3url

audio/x-mpegurl

.m3u

Check in WinAmp and your browser to see that WinAmp is the program that opens these files.

I use Windows media player for avi, RealPlayer basic 8 for Realaudio and WinAmp for Mp3s as my default "opens with" settings. Of course, all these apps can play Mp3s and most audio types.

Some programs really muck up things, when I reinstalled Quicktime the other day, it reset my Windows audio properties and zap! - no sound from any player! I reinstalled it using the "minimum install" option and that restored the sound. I loathe Quicktime almost as much as RealOne, hahahaa!

hang in there!

Ron

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

NOW listening in the cybercafe!! I popped in specially to listen to your track!!! :yo Very nice too. Does sound like a film soundtrack!! :boink

Now my next mission is to get it playing on my HOME computer! And that's when I'll use Ron's expertise to guide me! Thank you! :banana

|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Hiya Chris -

If this is "I knew that" stuff, then nevermind, lol! But to set WinAmp as the default player in Windows - and I'm hoping that Windows XP does this like Win98:

To set file associations for WinAmp, in the top menu of any Windows folder click on "View", then select "Folder Options". (Refer to the images below.)

Click on "File Types".

From the list of file types shown click on "MP3 playlists". The "Edit file type" window will display". Click on "open". A display like the last box below should appear. In there you just let it know which path to follow to WinAmp (winamp.exe, usually in program Files). Then click "okay".

Just look for any other WinAmp file types in the list of "File Type" from my previous post and show Windows the path to WinAmp using those same steps.

And, of course, in WinAmp itself, check all the files you want it to play in it's own "preferences".

Is that at all helpful or no?

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Oh yeah - if you have RealPlayer installed, Chris.

In RealPlayer, to "un-associate" Mp3s:

Open the preferences (settings) of Real Player.

Select the "upgrade tab"

Click on "re-associate"

Uncheck "Mpeg audio" and "MP3 Playlist" (and any other audio types RealPlayer filched that you rather it didn't.)

Click OK

Prevoyance

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

I hope you get the player working Chris:we

I'm having problems with page loading at Mp3.com, even after e-mailing them. If its not one thing its another :seismo

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Well I did as Ron suggested and it still wont play from mp3.com - I also noticed that downloads from mp3.com are taking AGES! From other OMDs, it takes less than 1 minute. Oh wait that part seems to be working now.

I just sent mp3.com a complaints through their help section. Lets see how long they take to answer customers! hahahaa :banana

|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Chris - are MP3s streaming from other OMDs (non-mp3.com sites)?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

No it's not working from any site. I'm now browsing thru winamp for some help but cant seem to find "Cant stream mp3 songs on winamp on Windows XP" I think XP has something to do with this problem....

|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Have you tried pasting in the URL to a streaming mp3 in WinAmps "add/add URL" to see if that goes okay? or if you have an mp3 bookmarked in WinAmp, that could test the streaming.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

WOW!! Just found the answer!! I had to delete the "Temporary Internet Files" from my computer and now it's playing!!! hahahahaha wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :banana

Thank you so much Ron for helping me! You are a star!

|

Prevoyance

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

:yo

Prevoyance

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Blah new blah track :) Reply with quote

Very atmospheric, you can certainly picture some majestic surroundings as you listen. I also like the use of the delicate notes.

Cool.

Thankyou Debbie! :merci :w

Sorry i didnt see the post earlier :bonk

It was swamped by the streaming issues bit

:gl

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

:w

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: