MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How is it in Koln?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satch Norton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Hi everyone - we're quite new here, so hello - thanks for stopping by our thread...

Do you know if there is any flooding in Koln? We are performing there on Saturday and thought that somenody here might know how it is...

If you do know, please post a reply - hey, post a reply anyway... :)

Thanks!

Satch and Susan

Susan Raven + Email + mp3.com + JavaMusic + CDBaby
Satch Norton - emailcheck out THE INDIE CD STORE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

I have no idea what the weather is like in Koln! I hope it's good since you'll be performing there!

I wanted to say HELLO! Welcome to the blah blah board :banana

| Jane Eliz | Blah Blah | Song of the Week
|

Satch Norton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Thanks bbchris - hope we get by here more often...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

I hang here a lot and you can post music links here or over at Mike's music board - people are always popping in and out :)

Are you on some sort of European tour at the moment?

Where else are you performing besides Koln?

|

Satch Norton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Not on tour - we are performing at PopKomm - an annual music industry fair - all the industry names will be there... Susan is doing a live showcase on Saturday morning on the main stage of the fair.

We've been frantically editing backing tracks and rehearsing and packing and stuff :) Gotta go confirm flights and pay rent and all those things now - bye.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

PopKomm! COOL! There used to be 'Midem' here in Hong Kong for a few years - those music conventions are fun. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SHOWCASE! KNOCK THEM DEAD! BREAK A LEG! YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Hi Satch !!!!!!!

Can you mail me a contact or cell phone number over my artist page ???

I'll be there from tomorrow (friday) on and meet with Master-Zap, Nina and Lord Bygon :) )) Would be too cool to catch you over a cup of coffee and of course I want to see Susan performing live!!! :) ))

Cologne is not affected from the extreme (!!!) flooding, 150km eastwards starts the catastrophe.

In fact we have here in the west the best summer weather, no clouds and +30 degrees Celsius and this should be all over the weekend in Cologne :)

MIKE

Satch Norton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Mike - it was EXCELLENT to meet you at PopKomm - Susan and I truly enjoyed your company - much warmth, much laughter, much eating, crammed a lot of life into a short time - hope to repeat the experience soon.

It is a shame that you had to return to Frankfort - you missed one of Susan's better gigs...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

I can't wait to see Master Zap's photos of the meeting :)

|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

HEY Satch :) )))))))

Damn........ :(

I had/still have too much trouble with company-mail-servers and mixing work...... I was lost :lol

But I enjoyed VERY much the experience to meet you and Susan.... I really think I missed out on something yesterday (Susan's gig)... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Well.... I hope there were some peeps there at the Javamusic stage :) ))))

MIKE

Satch Norton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Zap's photo's will indeed be excellent - digital camera's give one a preview so I speak with some authority :)

Sadly the gig was not well attended... between JavaMusic and PopKomm they managed to present Susan's performance in a far-flung outpost of the event with very little directed promotion. But it was an excellent gig - even I enjoyed it and I know those songs pretty well by now.

We missed you Mike - but there will be another time.

songritr1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the promotion was not behind Susans show not that I am surprised that Java did little to help with it. My understanding for the past several months was that all Java hosted performers were to be on the main PopKomm stage so how did Susan wind up on some outlying stage?

Actually the more I think about this the more it pisses me off. I know for a fact the info they had me promoting trying to sell performance slots to artists was for the main stage.

Bobby Bensley

CMAP Music International

Satch Norton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: How is it in Koln? Reply with quote

That "far-flung outpost" was actually "The Main PopKomm Stage". No other artists performed on that stage. The JM events suffered from a distinct lack of promotion at the event itself. But the JavaMusic artists performances all occurred on the PopKomm Main Stage.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: