MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MAJOR CHANGES AT MP3.com! *MUST READ*!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: MAJOR CHANGES AT MP3.com! *MUST READ*!!!!! Reply with quote

Premium Artist Subscription Fee Will be Reduced

P4P Promotion Will be Discontinued

New Name for the Premium Artist Service and a New Gold Service

Artist Cash Program Will be Discontinued

Basic (non-Premium) Artist Pages Will Display Three Songs Maximum

netCD Program Will be Changed

Customer Support has Changed

truSONIC Royalty Payments Will Continue

Premium Artist Subscription Fee Will be Reduced

Payments due after January 15 will automatically be reduced to only $14.99 -- a 25% savings from the current fee. Additionally, as an option to the monthly subscription plan, a new annual subscription plan of only $99.99 per year will be available -- a 58% savings from the current fee.

P4P Promotion Will be Discontinued

It's our goal to offer Premium Artists the best service for their money and tools that benefit all members. But this was getting more difficult given the enormous accounting, engineering, research and fulfillment costs that went into both the P4P promotion and regrettably, the monitoring of individuals gaming the system. We have thus decided to discontinue the P4P promotion on January 15.

New Name for the Premium Artist Service and a New Gold Service

The Premium Artist Service will be referred to as the Platinum Service. And a new Gold Service will be available for Artists who want fewer of the Platinum Service benefits for a lower fee of $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year. More details about the new Gold Service will be available January 15.

Artist Cash Program Will be Discontinued

Accounting and engineering resource issues associated with the P4P promotion apply also to the Artist Cash program. This has made it necessary for us to discontinue one of our more convenient Artist programs. If you are currently paying for any subscriptions with Artist Cash, please go to your My Account to easily create an alternate payment method.

Basic (non-Premium) Artist Pages Will Display Three Songs Maximum

After January 31, only Gold and Platinum Artists can display an unlimited amount of songs on their Artist page. Basic Artists can display a maximum of three songs on their Artist page. On January 31, all Basic Artist pages with four or more songs will automatically default to display the three most recently uploaded songs. However, on the same date, we will add new functionality to the Song Admin that will allow Artists to quickly and easily change the songs they would like displayed. If you have any Basic Artist accounts please keep this in mind.

netCD Program Will be Changed

Based on consumer feedback, in order to simplify the online shopping experience, starting on January 15 we will be discontinuing the sale of netCDs as a stand-alone product. Accordingly, the netCD option will be removed from all Artist pages. Please note, My.MP3 account holders purchasing your CDs still will get the netCD version automatically added to their music locker. netCDs purchased prior to January 15 will remain accessible in the music locker as well.

Customer Support Has Changed

As previously announced on December 6, 2002, only Premium Artists can receive email support. Premium Artists get their technical questions or other concerns answered within 48 hours. If you need help, please visit our comprehensive Help section which has FAQs and the System Status Report. The System Status Report is constantly updated by the Artist Support team and provides up to the minute information regarding site-wide technical issues.

truSONIC Royalty Payments Will Continue

Platinum and Gold Artists with songs active in the truSONIC business music playlists will receive truSONIC royalties.

*** SOURCE-Document***

MIKE

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 12/12/02 1:26:44 am
Helge Krabye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR CHANGES AT MP3.com! *MUST READ*!!!!! Reply with quote

These changes do NOT come as a surprise. I will not blame MP3.com. They gave us a nice system for earning cash from our uploaded music, but we - the artists - blew the system. Too many artists were gaming and cheating, and it just had to stop. We all know that the only way to stop it, is to get rid of the system! So, what's next? An even more professional music service, I hope. I would like to place my best music on a professional site where listeners may subscribe to my music or order real audio CDs. Only a few artists have been able to earn money at all here (without taking part in the gaming), so the rest of us are not loosing anything :)

Helge K.

mp3.com/helgekrabye

MP3Hewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR CHANGES AT MP3.com! *MUST READ*!!!!! Reply with quote

ch ch ch ch changes

...but then after we have a good cry, it'll be...

Edited by: MP3Hewer  at: 12/12/02 1:40:04 pm
Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR CHANGES AT MP3.com! *MUST READ*!!!!! Reply with quote

I agree with Helge.

Also, come on folks.

You gotta realise the cost involved in hosting music on a website.

I've recently joined MP3.com's Audio Hosting Programme to enable music streams & downloads on my Get Me Music.com site.

The more songs I host on there, the more my monthly cost will be.........I can't even begin to imagine how much it costs MP3.com for the bandwidth alone!

And, if you're THAT serious about your music, then I'm sure you don't mind paying MP3.com for the privilage of the exposure.

Just my $0.02 :me

:hb

Mikey J.

Get Me Music.com

Edited by: Mikeyj69  at: 12/13/02 5:53:01 pm
Platinum lPlus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR CHANGES AT MP3.com! *MUST READ*!!!!! Reply with quote

No matter how you look at it...IT SUCKS!

Peep my MP3.com Songs and hit up my site boss!

Click Here To PLAY Lil' Dee of Platinum Plus

mp3.com/3000:gl

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: