MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Major accident on MP3.com.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

Quote:
Product: Urgent!! Artist Log In Not Available 5.28.02 - Content Updates Not Accepted - May Require Re-Upload!

Last Update: 2002-05-28 16:06

Details : Please note that as of 5.28.02, we will be bringing down the Artist Admin./Log In databases for emergency maintenance.

We apologize for the short notice and we expect that this outage will last for only one day (5.28.02) resuming log-in ability again on 5.29.02, if not sooner.

During this process we will reverting back to a database snapshot state from Saturday May 25th.

*Therefore, we may experience a loss of data from Saturday forward.

If you notice that your content is not available once access to your Artist Admin area is live again, we ask that you please be patient and re-upload that content (images, CD's, .mp3's).

This will affect not only access to your content via your Artist Admin. area, but also the current production of CD's and orders may be delayed!

Any updates or changes in this schedule will be updated here on this post.

Grrrrrrrr...... :ex :mad my newest track disappeared, but artists like the Sisters Of Sharon lost their whole artist pages.... :ex :ex :ex

Anybody else???????

MIKE

dj spaceAce

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

me2 :( ... artist area is empty now :eek ...and maybe forever :x

dj
spaceAce aka Y-Orbit

softsong

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

Mike this really blows :rant

BTW. RU mad at me :wall

k

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

DJSpaceAce :( Well...............................

Errrrrrrrr....... Kathy, why should I be mad at you?

I said nothing I guess......

MIKE

MP3Hewer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

Yes, this is a bummer. :sm

dj spaceAce

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

well ......:v

dj
spaceAce aka Y-Orbit

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

:( I've lost my whole artist page and there's no mention of us in login :( I freaked out when I first found out........ But apparently some of our songs are still on stations......!

The scary part is that it says You do not currently have any Artists associated with your account.

Is this some major malfunction or did they have a hacker? Why the emergency behind this and are some of the artists missing? I didn't even keep a record of how much artist cash we have left...... grrr

Chris

Jane Eliz
|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Major accident on MP3.com..... Reply with quote

:ex :ex :ex

...Chris... I strongly recommend that you mail your whole problem/story to premiumartist@mp3.com , while using the mail adress you used for your login.

This is definitely a major system crash and MP3.com staff may be not aware of every single problem. :( :(

I don't believe in hacking... MP3.com runs a rather huge database system on Linux Apache Servers. It is almost impossible to hack such a system. At least I never met somebody on MP3.com or any other BB being able to do that :D

I think this has to do with the fact, that MP3.com servers/databases and infrastructure/technology are shared with sites like EMusic.com and RollingStone.com. It's a huge system though.....

I hope you have your page fixed soon.

Let me know if you don't get any senseful reply in between 48 hours.

MIKE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: