MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mike...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Real Synkrotron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Mike... Reply with quote

I need your advice please (sorry to take advantage of your helpfull nature :) )

I've just uploaded a track at my Artistlaunch page called "Vast". Bit of a lame effort this time I'm afraid but I want your opinion on two things;

1) I've added vocals to this track by means of a vocoder. Simple lyrics cos I'm a simple person.

2) Right at the end of the track (sorry) I finished with a bit of a guitar solo. It's not brilliant but I would like to know if I should keep it or not.

thanks

andy

src="http://members.aol.com/synkrotron/synkbanner.jpg"
alt="www.synkmusic.com" border="0" width="468" height="60">

Synkrotron

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mike... Reply with quote

Helpful nature???????? ......grrrrrrr... :ex

There are phat analog sounds and lovely synth pads/clusters to be found in your VAST!!!!!!!!

HEY...... I think this is my favorite tune from you!!!!!

The vocoder is extremely cool, sensible 'played'... you should let Nebula Drone and Stromschläger know about!!!!!! :D

EXTREMELY cool track!!!!!! The simulated guitar solo sounds like played by Steve Hackett from G€n€sis :D Very british! ;)

The only 'negative' thingy is... it was my first impression that the track is slightly too long.... maybe you should clearly reduce the intro length.........

Yeah!!!! Now..... hehehehehehe... have you ever heard my collaboration track with Un-Sub "Tell Me" ???????? What do you think? :D :evil

MIKE

Edited by: MIKE BURN at: 3/9/02 3:09:28 am
The Real Synkrotron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Mike... Reply with quote

Mike, I'm downloading "Tell Me" now, it could take some time.

Quote:
The simulated guitar solo

that aint no simulated guitar solo, thats me on my gibson SG :) , me actually playing hehe

back soon...

Synkrotron

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike... Reply with quote

Oh well it was late when I listened to your guitar solo.....

.....I still say, it is far from sounding like a guitar... it has more of a synthesizer.... the guitar character is lost totally. How did you create the sound??? Sounds like two or three electronic distortion boxes combined with delay and chorus....

As I said before "Steve Hackett" sonud :D :D :D :D

MIKE

The Real Synkrotron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike... Reply with quote

Cos I can't play guitar too well I generally always use my effects pedal, namely the Boss GT-5, which has some pretty good patches on it:)

Because a majority of my work is MIDI I record all my synth stuff onto two tracks of my stand alone 8 track HD recorder and then layer the guitar over the top onto another two tracks. I should do this more I think, that way I should improve my technique and perhaps, one day, be nearly as good as you ;)

andy

Synkrotron

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: