MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

BLAH BLAH... BUSH=155...KERRY=112...(CNN)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: BLAH BLAH... BUSH=155...KERRY=112...(CNN) Reply with quote

Quote:
My problem is with the leader of the U.S. thinking he has the right to rule the entire Planet.

It certainly would make things easier if someone could snap their fingers and it would automaticially make Jacque Chirac humbly bow down and then follow a command to take a bath (for example). I think you've got a touch of of hyperbole there, Drooly! I remember when people who had steeped themselves into Cinton-hate a tad too much actually claimed pretty much the same thing (he & Hillary had plans to rule the world). There probably are still some old websites left around where you'll find just such claims!

Quote:
And I do NOT believe in blindly supporting a "leader" because of "patriotism"..

That's a good thing, Drooly.

But I'm speaking of respecting the office of Presidency which is filled by the democratic process. This means praising what you approve of and criticising what you don't. That's how it works. What doesn't work very well is when people are coming from a motivation of personal-level hate - it was wrong and irrational when they did to President Clinton, just as it would be if directed toward whoever won the Presidency in any other election.

Quote:
Forgive me for being blunt and direct.

Pantoute! Nothing to forgive, Drooly! You're a bright fellow and a helluva nice guy. You've got your views, I've got mine. If we take both our views and add 4 dollars, we'd have just about enough to get some coffee and a few donuts!

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BLAH BLAH... BUSH=155...KERRY=112...(CNN) Reply with quote

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: BLAH BLAH... BUSH=155...KERRY=112...(CNN) Reply with quote

The press in England today! :aua

Well, the British can bring it to simple terms sometimes! :lol :aua

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BLAH BLAH... BUSH=155...KERRY=112...(CNN) Reply with quote

hey ron, where'd you get that map?

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

I just hope that people can see past this and heal the ideological rift.

Whatever happens, the world keeps on spinning, life goes on. :dunno

Thank God I'm in Hong Kong!

:g

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

Ron... - "Pantoute"....?!?!?!?

hahahahaha..... - that's SUCH typical Quebec French....!!!

Even people in France don't know what that means.....:wgrin

How on Earth do you know that? Have you spent time in Quebec?

questionnaire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: good idea Reply with quote

"Maybe if America ever realizes that it is not the center of the Universe...."

- Drooly

Neo-con America would be the centre of the universe if I had my way, because that's where I would send it, billions of light years away ....... :evil

That's if we could just cut out the Southern central bit, the redneck states, 'cos most of the people in the seaboard and Northern states are kinda nice people ....

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: BLAH BLAH... BUSH=155...KERRY=112...(CNN) Reply with quote

Quote:
hey ron, where'd you get that map?

I appropiated it from a CNN election coverage page, Bud!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

Quote:
How on Earth do you know that? Have you spent time in Quebec?

No, I haven't, Drooly - but I'd like to visit there sometime, avoiding all the touristy stuff. But I've known a few Quebecites (Quebecans??) Anglophones, Francophones - or both. My French is horrible, but I like picking up on it's regional variants/unique terms e.g. New Orleans and Quebec.

Even here in Minnesota there are remnants of when the area was part of "New France": the state motto "L'Etoile du Nord" and places bearing French names - Nicollet Avenue, cities such as Le Sueur, lakes "Mille Lacs".

And speaking of Quebec, poutine sounds like it should've been a US invention, hahaha. I hear McDonalds even offers it's version in CA. T'would probably be a big hit south of the border.

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

thanks ron. i guess they changed it now though, i can't seem to get the county map to show for the nation, oh well. anyway, the thing that saddens me is that it looks like in no county did a non-major party person win. oh well, maybe next time! i'd sure like to see some variety in those map colors other than red and blue.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

Oops - my boo-boo, Bud. It's at USA Today, not CNN!!

County-by-county election map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: