MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

A different perspective on Iraqi Invasion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

HKRC - "Are you agreeing that knowing that these people had the "terrorist mentality" the US still went in and interfered and tipped them over the edge?"

Hindsight is 20/20...we know now.

HKRC - "If the media tells it like it is..."

...then pigs can fly! LOL! Not that the media doesn't tell it like it is, sometimes. I'm generally referring to the mainstream junk that is on most channels these days...both US and foreign. You have to really dig to find anything credible anymore.

HKRC - "And anyone who doesn't agree with your right wing agenda is a leftist..."

Not true at all. "Leftist" is disinformation that attempts to hype people up about fabricated dangers and issues of questionable relavance. Either they're doing the hyping, or getting angry and upset about it all. Leftists are generally people who are ill at ease with their place in the world...they feel insecure and angry, and lash out at what they perceive to be the latest and greatest "foe". Almost like soldiers who feel the need to be rattling their swords at something. The rattling is more important than the issue itself, which is often lost to the emotional reaction to it. Some are just eager to make a name for themselves. More concerned with accusations than real, meaningful solutions to problems.

I've been to many other countries, but unfortunately I'm not fluent enough in any other language to understand any news except that in English...so I've been restricted to mostly US and British broadcasts, except when I have somebody to translate for me. Have read plenty stuff from other countries on the net that's already been translated. The culture of other countries is something that is sometimes elusive even amongst themselves, though. That is why I posed the question to the european folks in the other thread. I want to see what they have to say about it. Knowing their current attitudes as evidenced by their postings on the board, I'm prepared to take what they have to say with a grain of salt...but I figure it's only fair to give them a chance to answer to what's in the link.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
"Leftist" is disinformation that attempts to hype people up about fabricated dangers and issues of questionable relavance. Either they're doing the hyping, or getting angry and upset about it all. Leftists are generally people who are ill at ease with their place in the world...they feel insecure and angry, and lash out at what they perceive to be the latest and greatest "foe".

No. "Leftist" is a denomination provided by Bush-supporters for people who are critical to any Bush-policy. It's a label much like "Commie", "Peacenic" or the newly forged "Liberal" (once a mere denomination for political ideology, now used as a mace to silence political dissent. Lovely.).

I am called "Leftists" all the time, though my political compass, even from an American point ot view, lies heavily in the "fiscal conservative" area, paired with a mid social policy.

The ones in power in the US today are not conservatives.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
I smell some truth to this...
You shouldn't believe all you read, DT. ;)

Edited by: Galmin  at: 11/19/05 10:19
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: funny Reply with quote

Quote:
Leftists are generally people who are ill at ease with their place in the world...they feel insecure and angry, and lash out at what they perceive to be the latest and greatest "foe".

Now who on this board could this POSSIBLY describe to a "T"????

hmmmm

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Galmin - "No. "Leftist" is a denomination provided by Bush-supporters for people who are critical to any Bush-policy."

No Galmin. The term "left" or "left-wing" has existed long before anybody by the name of "Bush" has held the position of president. "Leftist" takes the greater part of it's root meaning from the term "left-wing". "Leftists" are just the next generation...more prone to emotionalism and less able to see the slant their situation places on their view of the world.

I wouldn't call you a "leftist", Galmin.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
"Leftist" takes the greater part of it's root meaning from the term "left-wing".

I thought Leftists were 'generally people who are ill at ease with their place in the world...they feel insecure and angry, and lash out at what they perceive to be the latest and greatest "foe"'. ;)

We're not into generalizing here, are we? :cute

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Galmin - Yes...generalizing is exactly what I was doing. It was a general answer to general question. And it happens to be generally true...hence the term "generalization". I use the term "leftist" as an adjective to describe an attitude towards things that some people have...not as a label for a person. It's an attitude that has developed predominantly out of "Left-wing" attitudes towards government and other concerns of the day.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: hahahahahah Reply with quote

DT, you are too funny.

:rollin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: