MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

OH NO! SANTANA have cancelled their Hong Kong GIG too....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: OH NO! SANTANA have cancelled their Hong Kong GIG too.... Reply with quote

:bawling

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

PANick11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: ()()()()()()#####*****#####()()()()()()() Reply with quote

damn...

Chris, you better not get this freaky lung virus...

dont be going to packed concert halls until the thing clears up

ya hear?

Dont make me come over there!!!

:blab

am I being paranoid?...it sounds pretty scary

:eek

PANick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ()()()()()()#####*****#####()()()()()()() Reply with quote

Oh PANick! You are wonderful - it's a bit sci-fi like here and paranoid feeling with all these people wearing masks..... I think we're going thru the 'bad' bit now.....

So now the Stones have cancelled, Santana has cancelled and Moby has cancelled.....

I'm wondering if anyone will come to our gig next Friday! :h

There's the Rugby Sevens on at the moment - loads of people from all over the world come to that...

Here's some HUMOUROUS photos from the paper today:

This is taken from one of the local bars on my island (and yes I know both these two very well!!!) :

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: OH NO! SANTANA have cancelled their Hong Kong GIG too... Reply with quote

You better wear your mask everywhere you go, Chris !!!

Take care of yourself !!!!!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: OH NO! SANTANA have cancelled their Hong Kong GIG too.. Reply with quote

Just echoing the Panick & Larrees' thoughts for you folks to take care on that part of the earth. (you and Debbie are the only board HK peeps, if memory serves)

I saw in Canada local officials asked those who had visited one hospital were there were SARS case(s) to quarantine themselves at home for 10 days or so. If everyone in the world just took a few weeks off to tend to household affairs, this thing might be licked. People could do their spring cleaning!

It's probably a good idea to cancel events that would draw large crowds for awhile.

==Ron==

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: OH NO! SANTANA have cancelled their Hong Kong GIG too.. Reply with quote

We have 5 new confirmed SARS cases in Germany as well.

The affected people all came back recently from Asia (Singapore/Hongkong/Taiwan)... :(

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: I know Reply with quote

Its scary.

I dont have a mask. They're all sold out. Gotta go hunting for some now.

Gah.

:stress

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Hi Ron Reply with quote

Thanks for your concern!

:w

:boink

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: You're welcome & stay well! Reply with quote

Hi Debbie - of course, there are precautions and preventative measures - masks in public, being well rested, vitamins :toc - which may be of at least some assistance. But this outbreak is troubling in that so many medical people are themselves becoming patients! Sounds like Prince of Wales hospital has had the toughest time that way.

==Ron==

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: ()()()()()()#####*****#####()()()()()()() Reply with quote

<<Rugby Sevens>>

Ever hear the saying, "Give blood - play Rugby!", Chris ? :bonk

==Ron==

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

They've quarantined an apartment block - almost 200 people in that block are infected.

I dont know how the gov't can contain this. I know this makes crap "business" sense (and the business community is all powerful here, even to the extent of shooting themselves in the foot - but that's another story), but it makes sense to me to close down shop and quarantine EVERYONE for 10 days, let the infected cases surface, get those people to the hospital and quarantine their families. At least it might stop the spread then. But can you imagine a whole state come to a standstill?? BILLIONS lost for everyday... they'd never allow it.

Too simplistic? The alternative, like outbreak or the bubonic plague is too horrible to imagine, and the city would come to a standstill then anyway. Hong Kong is too dense and congested for this thing to just go away. The govt were hoping last week there'd be no new cases, but the count has just doubled. Lets see what they do next.

Yeah, I have strong opinions :laugh

maitre ka fu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

my bro just flew out there last week...rugby 7's and all...

hope ur ok bb

this is pretty scary...I know HK's pretty tightly populated...so sneezing can be deadly...

Edited by: maitre ka fu  at: 3/31/03 8:44:12 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: