MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helge Krabye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

I tried to post the problems below to the technical forum and Artist forum earlier today, but I got the response that I was "banned from the forum".... Very strange, I am a humble and polite person, and I never used any strong words in these forums... Now I am not allowed to post to any MP3.com forum.

So, I am forced to post my problem to this forum instead, in case some of you have some advice:

I have registered several new songs with 192kbps encoded files with success at MP3.com (I am a Platinum artist). However, today, when I register a new song, I get this error message:

>There were errors while uploading your file:

>The bitrate is 192kb/sec (Should be 128kb/sec)

And also... The last two times I have contacted Platinum artist support, I have NOT received any response, not even after 2 x 48 hours.

I wonder if anybody else have the same experience. What's the point of being a Platinum member then???

Helge Krabye

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

WOW! That sounds like a whole heap of problems! I thought Platinum members got responses ASAP? Have you looked at the status report? Maybe they are having technical problems? GOOD LUCK!

I look forward to listening to your new songs once the problems are resolved! :banana

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

This sucks... :rant

MIKE

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

Helge..... I posted for you at the MP3.com Boards.

I hope something happens.....

UNBAN Helge Krabye

MIKE

Helge Krabye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike :)

I still haven't heard anything from MP3.com, but I found out by accident that after updating my contact e-mail address, my nickname had disappeared - and when I picked a new name, I was able to post to the forums again.

The 192kbps error still exists, and I am not able to register new songs.

Well, compared to the world situation, my problems are extremely small ;)

Helge

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

i posted just to test if i was banned.. not very likely, since i havent posted there in a loooong time.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

Here's a list of the confirmed banned

(approved bannings marked with ***) :D

Kerry Dowling

Helge Krabye

Kerry Politzer

Paris

Gloria Jane

Devilrouser

Damienproject

Scott Time *** :D

JoAnne

Steamboat Owen

The Lord God Almighty

Edimoff

Larree-

MIKE

Helge Krabye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

Mike,

I really wasn't banned - it was just my nickname that had been deleted.

I am quite frustrated about the bad MP3.com support. The last few days, they have finally looked into my case, but this is the result:

I am now again a paying Platinum artist, but my artist page only displays three songs, and I am not allowed to use the Platinum benefits, can't use the MP3 uploader, my addresses, shopping history etc. are all gone...

It's kind of funny how much things have changed for us independent music artists on the web since I joined in January 2001. Then, many artist were able to live from their income at MP3.com, we were all so optimistic, we spent days and even weeks preparing, uploading and registeringe our best tracks, and the message boards were so alive. - And now, we are just waiting for the next bad news to arrive. When will MP3.com be sold and transformed to a clean, commercial subscription service? I have a lot of music at AmpCast, and one of my CDs was feature on their front page for one week - but there was not a single purchase or even download from my page because of this. And JavaMusic, well, I got so mad with them that I deleted all my music there. 1Sound, an arrogant bunch of people who claim they are so great? - OK, I surrender - I am waiting for spring to arrive, when I can dig in my earth, smell the natural beauty of life - and forget about my computer (which is two months old and broken, by the way) and music.

See you all next year - if Bush haven't bombed all of us!

Helge K.

helgekrabye.com

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I am getting fed up with MP3.com technical problems... Reply with quote

Yes the glitches are annoying but try to look at it this way.....If you were following a band and they were having some line up changes and a bad CD...maybe you would be patient to see if they could make it bakc to where they were?? Just the way I look at it to keep me sane with all the problems lol:gl

Mark

www.mp3.com/damienproject

This is a musical venture dedicated to the cure of Juvenile Diabetes. We are a non-profit organization.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: