MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I should have known better than give Mp3.comedy a 2nd chance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshenShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: I should have known better than give Mp3.comedy a 2nd chance Reply with quote

Just look how easily the gutter-slime and bottom feeders steal center stage there. And what happens to the real musicians, they end up having their names smeared by some sociopath pretending to be them and doing things they would NEVER in a million years do.

From now on I will be focusing my online efforts towards Ampcast, where the name of the game over there is music, not bukllshxt.

Iinvite you to check out the new look and songs on my page at Ampcast.

-REvGhoUL

http://www.ampcast.com/revghoul

Geosphere

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Cant see the forest for the flames Reply with quote

Its not mp3. Its just the bbs. Mp3 is just going through the changes of a big biz under pressure.

The bbs is a miniscule fraction of what matters there. And an even smaller fraction of what matters anywhere.

AshenShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: ~ Reply with quote

<i>Its not mp3. Its just the bbs. Mp3 is just going through the changes of a big biz under pressure.

The bbs is a miniscule fraction of what matters there. And an even smaller fraction of what matters anywhere. </i>

My stats at mp3.com:

Pre-Smearing (mid May-June):

Plays-120 a day (average)

CD Sales-23

Post -Smearing (August - Now)

Plays- 6 a day (average)

CD Sales-2

Seems a tad bit more than a miniscule fraction to me.

Geosphere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Stats Reply with quote

That type of change hit a lot of people lately. Ask Von. I've had a drop at the last few months as well. I just shrug it off. Especially since now, I dont 'need' the listens to cover my fees. Stats are weird lately - in December there was a day I was down to 13 - lowest in years, but I also had a string of days better than 200.

The thing that this really points out is that maybe most of your listeners were from that small circle of flamers and they stopped listening or removed you from their stations.

In which case, they werent really fans.

Of course, that doesnt rectify the problem that you probably dropped on the genre charts, but may offer consolation to the soul.

Sorry you've hit such a problem with listenership, Rev. You will find a new source of listeners, I'm sure.

Patience and promotion, my friend. Put these days behind you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: