MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Your Rock Barbarian has arrived....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Your Rock Barbarian has arrived.... Reply with quote

Hi Chris you told me to stop by so here I am.

I am glad you like my art. I have so much more and I wish I had the time to do more now-a-days.

Check it out tedspromotions.com/tedsart.html

Thanks for the hospitality folks. I hope everyone here is doing well? Say hi when you got a chance.

Ted Lehman.com
Where to go for GREAT Classic Rock music!!!

brucechambers2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Rock Barbarian has arrived.... Reply with quote

Hey Ted. Long time no see.

Edited by: brucechambers2 at: 2/26/06 8:12
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Your Rock Barbarian has arrived.... Reply with quote

Ted! Another awesome drawing! Welcome back to Blah Blah!! Do you do any drawings of ladies? Or animals?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Hi Bruce how are you doing? Reply with quote

My life is the same but different sinc we last spoke. I live in the mountains now, and I am running my own business now instead of with partners. Still making music.

Hi Chris: I can draw about anything, women and animals too. My real love thought is comic art as you can see. That's what most of my drawings are of my favorite comic hero's.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Bruce how are you doing? Reply with quote

That's very cool! Do you do any musical drawings?

tedlehmant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Some of the art there was for CD Covers Reply with quote

and press kits. I have drawn or designed lot's of stuff over the years.

What do you mean exactly by musical drawings Chris?

This was the art for my CD "Livin' on the Fringe"

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Some of the art there was for CD Covers Reply with quote

Oh I meant like musicians, musical instruments etc.

How LONG does it take you to draw these amazing pieces? For example the last piece you posted?

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: That's actually a detail from a larger piece Reply with quote

The original is 18" x 15" and probably took me a total of 25 - 35 hours when I originally did it.

I can create stuff in minutes and take weeks on other things. It just depends.

I keep a small diary on my desk where I work and I fill it up with pencil sketches during my down time. Most of the finished sketches in the book (5"X8") usually only take me 15 - 30 minutes to do.

I don't draw many things Chris most of my drawings are of people. Often there could be things in the background, or animals or buildings, or space ships or monsters or... I'm getting a bit carried away.

What would you like me to draw for you Chris. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

This piece portrait of Frank Zappa, is a contour drawing. It is actually one line. Drawn with out taking your pen off the paper.

Ted Lehman.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: That's actually a detail from a larger piece Reply with quote

WOW! That's loads of time spent! Do you enjoy those 25 to 35 hours that you're doing it? :banana

I relate to the people aspect of drawing. I prefer taking photos of people to scenery.

Oh no, I didn't want you to draw anything for me - just trying to understand more what motivates you to draw - it's so 'alien' to me. I'm a musician but not an artist...

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Chris Reply with quote

It's just like playing music except drawing lasts longer. You know when you are totally in the moment while you are playing, singing, performing, well art is much the same way. Not quite as intense maybe and of coarse it is more personal as you usually don't draw in front of an audience but the creativity and intensity is very much the same.

Sometimes I look up after draawing for a while and can't believe how much time has passed.

I wish I had more time to draw.

And I would be happy to draw you something if you like.

Ted Lehman.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Reply with quote

That's great to hear Ted. If I ever need a drawing, you are definitely the man for the job! :kizz

That must be nice those moments of absorbtion. Have you sold many of your reprints?

Ted Lehman
Stranger than truth?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Sold my art.... Reply with quote

Chris let's just say I sell as much art as I do music.... :toc that aint selling much.

One of these days I'll be at the right place at the right time and then BOOM!!!! I maight make a buck. Until then, I just try to make the best of the time I have.

It's just too bad I gotta spend so much time at my day gig. I could sing and draw all the time if I had the chance.:banana :dj :dunno

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sold my art.... Reply with quote

Know what you mean Ted, know what you mean! :we

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: