MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Would you play in a band with someone who says this...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinoRomanelli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Steve... Reply with quote

So why are you here, Sterling?

Simple question. Simple answer, please.

*Internet grudges are gay.*

Sir Reel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Steve... Reply with quote

"There's no end to the trouble women bring.."

Bob Dylan

I told you this one was important.

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Steve... Reply with quote

He's trapped in the revolving door.

Bye.

Hi.

Bye.

Crap.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Why Dino??? Reply with quote

Quote:
So why are you here, Sterling?

Simple question. Simple answer, please.

Sure Dino.. If you recall the title of this thread?

"Would you play in a band with someone who says this..."

She puts someone up for public ridicule not only here, but on several other forums as well, a current bandmember of all people and from what I've seen, of the dozen or more people who joined her in publically humiliating her songwriter, I'm the only person who said anything in defense of that person..

See Dino, she did the very same thing to me. After I realised she gets some strange satisfaction out of wasting people's time and I don't want anything do with her I saw one of her "weekly questions" as being very ironic in the sense it asked "What is the most important lesson you ever learned in life" which I answered.. "Don't ever trust anyone" which sent her ballistic and she went on at least 1/2 forums publically attacking me.. (Someone had a guilty consiounse maybe Dino???) That's when this became a sore issue with me. Then it didn't matter one way or the other, I had more important things to worry about but not only did she publically attack me, she also made some of the most ludacris charges that were so beyond baseless and bizarre and then it became quite clear just how rotton whatever hidden agenda she had was and am I upset that someone who I never treated with anything less than complete kindness and respect deliberately gained my confidence with obvious intent to harm my work???

Yes I am.

When she was bugging me about singing and later trying to barge into our sessions, this was a period that my normal work schedule was from 5am to to 11pm and later for over 400 days straight. I didn't mind breaking that up a bit to accomadate her but there were no days off then and I could only make session arrangements on the one light day a week I had, and once I confirmed to a recording schedule to accomadate her all the sudden she forgets about the commitment she made which isn't really the end of the world, it's just now I've committed to a studio session that I can't back out of without a considerable finiancial penalty which still isn't the end of all things either but her attidude about it is irritating to say the least. So then I just considered it over and done with but I made the mistake of accepting her apologies and let her get under my skin even more.

There's something very wrong when a songwriter that from my perspective is within her right to expect a song to be performed the way it is written and for doing that is put up for public ridicule with not a single person saying anything in defence of the person being attacked but myself.

There's also something very wrong when someone goes out of their way to deliberately harm the efforts of someone who's never done them any wrong. It's not only wrong, it's unconsionable. My involvement in music was never intended to benefit me in any finiancial way whatsoever. It's something I'd really rather not do but I happen to be pretty good at and if anything ever did come from it in the monetary sense, that's for some other folks, not me. That's who she really chose to attack when she decided to interfere in my efforts and publically slander me later.

You folks can find this amusing just like it's somehow ok to publically humiliate a songwriter here and on several other forums but there's nothing right or amusing about it.

That's what serious and dedicated artists do Dino? I don't think so..

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: I forgot the Dylan part... Reply with quote

My apologies, here you go..

And it ain't in the cream puff hair-do or cotton candy clothes

And it ain't in the dime store dummies or bubblegum goons

And it ain't in the marshmallow noises of the chocolate cake voices

That come knockin' and tappin' in Christmas wrappin'

Sayin' ain't I pretty and ain't I cute and look at my skin

Look at my skin shine, look at my skin glow

Look at my skin laugh, look at my skin cry

When you can't even sense if they got any insides

These people so pretty in their ribbons and bows

No you'll not now or no other day

Find it on the doorsteps made out-a paper mache´

And inside it the people made of molasses

That every other day buy a new pair of sunglasses

And it ain't in the fifty-star generals and flipped-out phonies

Who'd turn yuh in for a tenth of a penny

Who breathe and burp and bend and crack

And before you can count from one to ten

Do it all over again but this time behind yer back

My friend

The ones that wheel and deal and whirl and twirl

And play games with each other in their sand-box world

And you can't find it either in the no-talent fools

That run around gallant

And make all rules for the ones that got talent

And it ain't in the ones that ain't got any talent but think they do

And think they're foolin' you

The ones who jump on the wagon

Just for a while 'cause they know it's in style

To get their kicks, get out of it quick

And make all kinds of money and chicks

And you yell to yourself and you throw down yer hat

Sayin', "Christ do I gotta be like that

Ain't there no one here that knows where I'm at

Ain't there no one here that knows how I feel

Good God Almighty

THAT STUFF AIN'T REAL"

Bob Dylan

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I forgot the Dylan part... Reply with quote

I can't seem to face up to the facts

I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax

I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire

Don't touch me I'm a real live wire

Psycho Killer

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far far better

Run run run run run run run away

Psycho Killer

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

You start a conversation you can't even finish it.

You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.

When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.

Say something once, why say it again?

Psycho Killer,

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Psycho Killer

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Ce que j'ai fait ce soir-là, Ce qu'elle a dit ce soir-là

Realisant mon espoir,

Je me lance vers la gloire... Ok

We are vain and we are blind

I hate people when they're not polite

Psycho Killer,

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Psycho Killer,

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh...

-David Byrne

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: I'm going to use one of my own this time.. Reply with quote

If you don't mind..

(Talk about hitting the nail on the head..)

"Guilty"

(C) 1997

I saw a man today,

Put on trial for what he didn't do,

Convicted be evidense,

Of the crimes committed against him,

And all the people watching,

They could surely see,

They all agreed upon it,

So easily,

And though the truth was there,

They refused to see..

They all said guilty,

They all said guilty,

They all said guilty,

But me..

I saw a photograpgh,

Of the prettiest girl that you could imagine,

But standing next to me,

She doesn't look anything like that,

What was supposed to cure her,

Was now the disease,

Inspite of the evidense,

No one else could see,

They all agreed upon it,

Naturally,

They all said guilty,

They all said guilty,

They all said guilty,

But me..

I saw the news today,

About the latest cerimony,

Proclaiming the innocense,

Of everyone who was attending,

And as the night proceeded,

So typically,

So well attired were,

All the liars and thieves,

And though the truth was clear,

No one else could see..

That they all were guilty,

They all were guilty,

They all were guilty,

But me..

Edited by: Sterling30 at: 1/11/06 20:49
HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm going to use one of my own this time.. Reply with quote

Shut Up

There you go

You're always so right

It's all a big show

It's all about you

You think you know

What everyone needs

You always take time

To criticize me

It seems like everyday

I make mistakes

I just can't get it right

It's like I'm the one

You love to hate

But not today

So shut up, shut up, shut up

Don't wanna hear it

Get out, get out, get out

Get out of my way

Step up, step up, step up

You'll never stop me

Nothing you say today

Is gonna bring me down

There you go

You never ask why

It's all a big lie

Whatever you do

You think you're special

But I know, and I know

And I know, and we know

That you're not

You're always there to point

Out my mistakes

And shove them in my face

It's like I'm the one

You love to hate

But not today

Don't wanna hear it

Get out of my way

You'll never stop me

Nothing you say today

Is gonna bring me down

Is gonna bring me down

Will never bring me down

Don't tell me who I should be

And don't try to tell me what's right for me

Don't tell me what I should do

I don't wanna waste my time

I'll watch you fade away

Don't wanna hear it

Get out of my way

You'll never stop me

Nothing you say today

Is gonna bring me down

Shut up, shut up, shut up

Don't wanna hear it

Get out of my way

You'll never stop me

Nothing you say today

Is gonna bring me down

Bring me down

{shut up, shut up, shut up}

Won't bring me down

Bring me down

Won't bring me down

Shut up, shut up, shut up

- Simple Plan

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Edited by: HatefulMusic at: 1/11/06 20:56
Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: No words of your own Theo..? Reply with quote

On general principles I have to wish all you clowns well, I don't know why I do it, I guess it comes with really being wonderfull..

You all should try it yoursleves sometimes, like respecting peoples rights for once, like those that are our birthrights as Americans.. (You may want to look those up sometime, they're in our Constitution..)

Good luck fruitcakes..

(I did retract that statment about 10 posts back FWIW, my apologies for that Chris, there's a difference between being misled and what I said.., good luck to you..)

Edited by: Sterling30 at: 1/11/06 21:52
HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: No words of your own Theo..? Reply with quote

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Obsessive psychopath.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

DinoRomanelli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: No words of your own Theo..? Reply with quote

This thread was not about bashing anybody. In fact, Chris did not even name the person she had issue with. And, because she has her hand in several projects, how could we even figure out who she is referring to? She came here asking for some advice about a situation. Hardly what I would call slandering a songwriter (what was the name? Oh, yeah...THERE ISN'T ONE).

Quote:
I'm in total agreement with that statement, of course when you're beginning a new song you stay true to the original melody on the first take, only a total amatuer would think differently. I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. You'd be out the door in half a heartbeat if you tried that crap with me.

Not an out of line statement at all. Your wording was a bit brutal, but that's your opinion on the matter.

Quote:
Sterling - hahahahaha You are sticking up for a songwriter whom you've never heard any of their compositions? hahahahahahaha I also guess from your comment that you've never been a member of a band before!

Good retort. She's right on the point that you have no idea of the experience level or the talent of this songwriter. The laughter can be excused due to the semi-harsh nature of your reply.

Quote:
No one butchers a song on the first take and then has the nerve to claim another is being out of line when they take issue with such unprofessional conduct. It's just not the right way to do things and I would never allow anyone with such a pompous attitude to sing any song I've written, I'd evict them immediatly and I've done just that on more than one occasion.

Who butchered a song? Are you assuming that because Chris did the singing that she butchered it? Who's slandering who? Pompous attitude? You think it's pompous for the person who has to sing the song to interject their opinion on it?

Quote:
I say they can't deliver the goods myself but here's your chance to prove me wrong..

Who are you directing that at? What songwriters, in particular? Are you directing that comment at me? Are you SLANDERING the people who post here who also write songs? Please explain.

Quote:
If you're not obsessed - why are you answering a question about being in a band when you've never even been in a band? It's like me asking someone who cant cook, whether I should add egg-white to a souffle... (which Im sure Drooly knows the answer to!!)

Touche. If you have never been in a band, then how can you honestly give a correct answer to the question that was asked?

Quote:
Sterling, have you ever been in a band?

Quote:
No, and that's by choice.

There you go. You are hereby unqualified to answer the question that Chris asked. So at this point, you are taking the opportunity to bag on her. Over something that is past history, over and done with. Why is that?

Quote:
Chris..., the song creation process in the studio is a very simple one, there just has to be a mutual respect between the singer and producer. All my songs in their original version are done exactly the way my first interpretion of the song is done on tape. Then I let the singer inject their own ideas. Sometime they're good, sometimes they're not but I always allow imput and there have been several times both Daphne and Dwight have added things I wouldn't have and made them better. There simply is no reason for any problems with song interpretation if there is a mutual respect. Obviously in the case you cite someone has a serious attitude problem..

So, what's the problem? You basically agreed with her here.

Quote:
Well, you folks have your fun, I'll leave you all in peace now in this odd world you're created for yourselves. (I'm deleting my EZ account after this post..)

Quote:
I'm otta this thread now, hope you had a good Christmas.

Quote:
Bye.

Quote:
Good luck fruitcakes..

...and yet you're still here.

Sterling, just let it go, okay? If it was that bad of an experience, then why rehash it over and over again...and drag people through the muck in the process?

Let it go...

Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Dino, Dino, Dino.... Reply with quote

Did you notice I left this thread? Actually I have several times and everytime I do you constantly make the same hollow charges while pretending to be some type of peacemaker when in reality that's the furthest from what you're really doing.. (And your example of a songwriter not being put up to public ridicule is completely off, the comments about her may be pretty tame on this forum but not on the others they weren't, very bad manners any way you slice it..)

Dino..., I got 3 cds to make this year besides getting a business up and running.., I really don't have any more time for this nonsense..

Let it go Dino, just ley it go..

You can do it Dino, I know you can..., just let it go..

Bye Dino... (Let it go...)

Bye

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Would you play in a band with someone who says this... Reply with quote

hahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhaa

Just wanted to get the last laugh!

:ily Dino! Tall peacemaker! Come and make peace with me!!!! :yahoo

I got big festivals to organise this year so excuse me if I only read Dino's threads :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

DinoRomanelli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Sterling30, Sterling30, Sterling30... Reply with quote

I'm not pretending to be some kind of peacemaker. I'm standing up against someone who is being insulting and condescending to a fellow musician and their talent, and to the abilities of others who post here as well. I've sat back and watched you do it consistently for long enough. A lot of these people go back a long way. We've been brought together in places like this for one reason...we love to play music, write music, we love being being musicians. We have places like this where we can talk to each other from far away places (China, Germany, New York, etc.) about many things, but the bottom line is that we're musicians. At many different levels. There are people who write and record songs from their chairs and never see an audience, people who do work in the studio, and people who perform live. The degree of talent may vary, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that this is what we have in common, and while we may disagree on many things, I think that being cruel regarding the talent of another one of this group of musicians is crossing the line. I stood back and watched it for a long time from a small handful of people, and I'm not doing it any more. So if you want to be a dick to someone about their talent, I'm going to say something about it. Because when it comes to whatever talent we posess, we should be supportive and encouraging in that area, not insulting and mean.

Had Chris posted a picture of this songwriter, named the person and rambled on and on about what an incompetent @#%$ the person was, then you may have a point. Chris asked a question that was important to her as far as being a musician, looking for advice (which is one of the great things about being a musician here), and you turned it into an opportunity to rip on her for some falling out you had with her in the past.

So keep it up. I'll be here. There have been some people with less talent than others in our community (we can't all be so perfect, you know), but everyone, regardless of what disagreements we may have, regardless of what you may see as their talent limitations, deserves respect in this area as a musician. You have crossed that line. I'm not trying to make peace here. I'm trying to tell you that you are being an @#%$ and you need to let it go, because you are only making yourself, and our community, look bad by talking down to your peers.

Quote:
Did you notice I left this thread?

No. Because you never had. This is now the 5th time you've said goodbye. So do it already. Come back with a little more respect for those you have more in common with than you seem ready to admit. Go make your 3 cd's and get your business going. Good for you. But please lay off the insulting crap about the talent of those who do the same thing that you do. It really makes you look 12. And I won't sit back and watch you do it to anyone.

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sterling30, Sterling30, Sterling30... Reply with quote

Dino - he's a psycho stalker and he just can't stay away.

There is a great disturbance in the Force. I sense another lyrical cut/paste coming...

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: