MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

you English talkers...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod steel global

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: you English talkers... Reply with quote

have the name "Loopwhole"

some other meaning that just a name ???

:merci

®od

TGACHAAGA

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

Rod - a loophole is term for a shady-yet-not-illegal maneuver out of a normally legally binding agreement or other legal hurdle, normally due to some ambiguity in the word of the law or contract.

The term originally comes from a small hole in a defensive wall used for firing weapons through.

Loopwhole strikes me as just a play on the word.

EDIT: some day I'll learn to type...

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Edited by: HatefulMusic at: 4/1/05 20:57
rod steel global

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

"Loopwhole strikes me as just a play on the word."

Thank you, just what I wanted to know !

:yo

®od

TGACHAAGA

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

Yeah, Rod, loopwhole looks like either a misspelling or "word-play" on the word "loophole".

But a loophole isn't always a bad thing!

You may sign some contract that takes unfair advantage of you. Then it's a good thing to have a way out that is legal. In that case a loophole would be helpful, kind of like a "brasklapp".

lolson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

a loophole can help ME in a contract, too...:bday

thank for replying :merci

--edit--

oups, ®od here !

my kid, Christofer was logged in :ohno

Let there be ®ock

on Interconnected on AcidPlanet with Christofer @ home

Edited by: lolson  at: 4/3/05 20:59
SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

"Beauty is a French phonetic corruption of a short, cloth neck ornament, currently in resurgence."

~
Frank Zappa

Gennious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

A loopho is one that just keeps doing it, again and again and again and again...(loop).

Most males like loopho's.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: you English talkers... Reply with quote

Quote:
A loopho is one that just keeps doing it

Drat! Somebody beat me to that pun!!

BTW, in case any "english talkers" were wondering what a "brasklapp" is (I'm of Swedish ancestry, so I knew the term), I grabbed the snippet below from the web - it explains it better than I can; I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet....

"Brasklapp = in the 16th century the Swedish bishop Brask saved his life by hiding a small piece of paper (=lapp) saying "I am forced to do this" in his seal to a document whose signatories subsequently were beheaded because they had signed the document.

By cutting his seal open when the other side won he could show that he actually did not want to sign the document. This is a historical fact and he is very admired by presentday politicians."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: