MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sound Card Advice Please?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Sound Card Advice Please? Reply with quote

I'm buying a new computer... what sound card should I use to make sure my recording sound is top quality and able to take the input from my Presonus VXP without distortion? The computer guy advises a Sound Blaster Audiogy PCI. Any thoughts?

Thanks much!

:w

rod steel global

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Sound Card Advice Please? Reply with quote

dont say "Sound Blaster" :insane :evil :ohno :stress

and record music

in the same sentence

:ohno :stress :ohno :stress

*sorry*

all you need

:banana

®od

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: aaaah Reply with quote

Thanks Rod, swot I thought... luckily at the same time I wrote this I also wrote to a sound engineer pal in HK. He's offered to take me shopping for a new sound card - NOT soundblaster... hahahahaha

I will make a note of your link talk about my options....

ahhhhh I hope I can get some decent recordings done with a decent sound card after this - it takes me ages to get the volume so it doesnt distort on my current system...

:g

Social Spit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Rod, I use an SB-Live Value as a fatter of mact. Reply with quote

And for recording 4 tracks at once, I use the inputs for my SB PCI-128.

The analogue circuits for the SB Live Value and the SB PCI-128 are about identical. I have both sound cards installed into my computer, using the Live Value to get surround sound for watching my mooovies.

I activate the inputs of the PCI-128 when I am using Sonar to dump 4 tracks at once from my little 4-track machine.

Rod, the analgue input of the SB Live and PCI-128 are actually pretty good lean inputs, they have a fairly low noide floor.

HK Rockchik, if you dont have that much cash, get the SB Audigy... It is a pretty good unit.

But if you want a REALLY good digital/analogue and Midi INPUT/OUTput device:

Spend about 600 bucks and get a Digidesign DIGI-001- Get the model WITHOUT the bomb factory plugins- The model that inludes the extra plugins, costs abotu 1100 dollars US. Without the extra plugins the unit will be hundreds of dollars cheaper, and you can get the plugins from IRC channels.

But check out the Audigy? It might be ok.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Thanks SS Reply with quote

noting down all details. My friend says that even a cheap pro-audio soundcard would get better results than SB. The SB on offer is about 100US. I wonder how much a pro system would cost - will know I guess at the end of the month when I will be shopping for it.

I think its worth it to get a decent system - will save me heaps of time I believe. Will this also make a difference to video recordings?

rod steel global

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: (Semi) professional sound card comparison chart Reply with quote

(Semi) professional sound card comparison chart

soundcards electronicmusicworld.

Social Spit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: (Semi) professional sound card comparison chart Reply with quote

Rod, my own setup isn't EVEN "semi-pro" it is "semi monkey rigged HAHAHA

But it is all I need for now

That's a good page...

That Emu 404 looks pretty good:

But I like the looks of the Audiotrack Prodigy:

www.audiotrak.de/eng/prodigy.html

Edited by: Social Spit at: 8/18/04 15:47
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: