MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

US broadcaster Court TV says police have issued an arrest warrant for the pop star Michael Jackson.

It follows a police search of the singer's Neverland ranch in California, in relation to allegations of sexual abuse brought by a 12-year-old boy.

Jackson's lawyers have said that the search on Tuesday was a smear campaign timed to hit the singer's new album.

Police have not confirmed they are seeking Jackson's arrest but say they will explain the search on Wednesday.

Police have scheduled a news conference for 1100 PT (1900 GMT). Jackson, who was not at home at the time of the search, has promised full co-operation.

US broadcaster NBC, as well as the cable channel Court TV, are reporting that police are seeking Jackson's arrest.

According to Court TV, police had the warrant with them as they searched the singer's Neverland ranch. The warrant is valid in all 50 states of the US, says the channel.

Michael will, as always, co-operate fully with authorities in any investigation

Stuart Backerman, Jackson publicist

His publicist has said Jackson had no idea what the search was about.

Jackson was said at the time of the search to be with his three young children in Las Vegas, where he had spent the last three weeks making a video.

"At 8.30 am (1630GMT) Santa Barbara sheriff's department and district attorney's office investigators executed a search warrant at the Neverland Ranch in connection with a criminal matter," said sheriff's commander Jeff Meyer.

But Jackson's lawyer Brian Oxman said it involved an allegation of sexual molestation.

"The search warrant indicates there is an accusation by a 12-year-old boy who says that he was molested and the police are seizing information which they think in relevant to that accusation," he said.

He added that the warrant indicated that the investigation had been going on for two months.

However, Stuart Backerman, the pop singer's Los Angeles publicist later issued a statement denying any knowledge of the allegations.

"We cannot comment on law enforcement's investigation because we do not yet know what it is about," Mr Backerman said.

"Michael will, as always, co-operate fully with authorities in any investigation even as it is conducted, yet again, while he is not home."

He accused a "rogue's gallery of hucksters and inside sources" who dominated the airwaves on Tuesday speculating on the investigation.

Jackson is "naive and gullible", according to his friend Uri Geller "These characters always seem to surface with a dreadful allegation just as another project, an album, a video, is being released," he said.

The police raid came on the same day that a greatest hits collection featuring Jackson's new single, One More Chance, was released.

Dr Carole Lieberman, a US psychiatrist and child welfare lawyer, told BBC One's Breakfast programme that Jackson was "an accident waiting to happen".

"I warned child protection services in November and February, concentrating on his not being a fit father and saying his children should be taken away until he gets psychiatric treatment," she said.

Jackson's friend, the psychic Uri Geller, described the singer as "extremely gullible and very naive".

"Michael sets himself up for these type of allegations and rumours," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"He doesn't understand that he is living in the world of a child and doesn't understand that in today's society this is wrong."

Nine years ago, a 14-year-old reached an out-of-court settlement in a lawsuit over sexual abuse allegations. No criminal charges were ever brought.

In November last year, he stunned fans in Berlin by dangling his baby from a hotel window.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/enter...282773.stm

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

I mentioned this yesterday over at FAP....... Seems strange its happened on the day he releases his new Single or Album (not sure wich?? :) )over here in the UK.......

He is very odd........

HOME

GMM.com

FAP.com

AMPCAST.com

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Michael's not well, that's for sure.. Reply with quote

And supposedly people have been shaking him down for years over these allegations which some unfortunately have alot of truth to them.. (Who is worse.., a sick adult or parents sending their children off to one so they can realise a finiancial windfall???) Wow...

Yeah, the timing is very suspect in this case...,

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael's not well, that's for sure.. Reply with quote

Yeah..... This is a clip from an article.....

Quote:
The timing of this latest incident could further damage Jackson's already flagging career. On Tuesday, the self-proclaimed "King of Pop" released a collection of hits entitled "Number Ones," and was said to have been discussing a CBS network special set to air November 26.

Paul

HOME

GMM.com

FAP.com

AMPCAST.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael's not well, that's for sure.. Reply with quote

I have some sympathy for the guy... - all he's been through..

But if he's been hurting Children - that's when I stop caring.

If he HAS hurt Children, I say lock him in a small room with the Father of the Child - for 5 minutes.

End of story.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael's not well, that's for sure.. Reply with quote

I agree Drooly....... Iam just thinking of a more painfull death.....

Paul

HOME

GMM.com

FAP.com

AMPCAST.com

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: I think you both are missing an important point.. Reply with quote

The fathers (and both parents) have been meeting with MJ for years now to negotiate settlements.., why do you think parents are lining up with their children as offerings?? (Because they care about their saftey??? Don't think so...)

MJ is a sick man allright but again..., how is he any worse than a parent who will knowingly send their child to him for the motive of finiancial rewards???

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

Interesting - I've always thought the same thing myself. If you had children, would you let them 'hang' with Michael Jackson?

|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

EXACTLY!

Paul

HOME

GMM.com

FAP.com

AMPCAST.com

memphis mike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

give me a break...smear campaign to hurt his record sales...his record sales aren't good anyway. The guy is a freak and for some reason he sees nothing wrong with what he is doing. 45 year old men don't sleep with little boys..'nuff said....only in America..."where else can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman...."

On the run!

www.pbase.com/image/23480282

Edited by: memphis mike at: 11/21/03 3:37 am
xsmackx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

.there.are.flies.in.here.

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

i hope the trial goes all the way. If it does show M (Moronic) J (Jerkoff) to be a peodo, then he's gonna get one hell of a beathing in prison.

The world is your oyster but the future's a clam

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I have to interrupt with a Michael Jackson joke:

Michael thought Boyz 2 Men was a delivery service. :yeah

|Talk Soup |

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I think you both are missing an important point.. Reply with quote

Quote:
MJ is a sick man allright but again..., how is he any worse than a parent who will knowingly send their child to him for the motive of finiancial rewards???

This is spot on, Gregg.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Arrest warrant' for Michael Jackson Reply with quote

My friend Annie just emailed me a police photo from their arrest of Michael Jackson:

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: