MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

Quote:
(CBS) Jethro Tull is off the playlist of a classic rock station after the band's frontman criticized displays of the Stars and Stripes.

"I hate to see the American flag hanging out of every bloody station wagon, out of every SUV, every little Midwestern house in some residential area," Ian Anderson was quoted as saying in an interview published Sunday in the Asbury Park Press. "It's easy to confuse patriotism with nationalism. Flag waving ain't gonna do it."

The verdict from listeners of WCHR-FM's "The Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show" was swift.

"The reaction of our audience has been 99 percent in favor of the ban and 99 percent incredulous that he would say such stupid things," said Phil LoCascio, WCHR program director and on-air personality. "He is a smart guy. As far as we're concerned, this ban is forever."

He said the ban isn't censorship because "our listeners' right to ask us not to play the music is equal to his right to say what he wants."

HAHAHAHA The second Dixie Chicks :)

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

:box :ohno

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

OK lol...coming from a USA citizen.......Our people mean well...Our politicians are @#%$ up and unfortunately it is the people who put them there because we are basically lied to by self serving interests..Yes, we know the rest of the planet thinks we are mainly jerks but do not judge us too harshly....cause you know we might bomb you or some stupid crap like that :gl makes my head spin sometimes :)

Mark

www.soundclick.com/damienproject

www.soundclick.com/lisadamien

www.mp3.com/damien_project

xsmackx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

it figures a bunch of hillbillies would completely not understand the difference between patriotism and nationalism.(and, i'm from rural pennsylvania, so i can use the term 'hillbilly' w/out prejudice.) :bleh

.there.are.flies.in.here.

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

smack......I am in SC so I am allowed to use Redneck then lol.....Just remember that Virginia is known as the state with 3 million people with only 10 last names :bigeyes

Mark

xsmackx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

:ohno D'OH! :ohno

.there.are.flies.in.here.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

Who the heck is "Jethro Tull"?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

Chrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss.............. :ohno

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not know Jethro Tull????? Only one of the greatest classic rock bands of all time!!!!!! Wake up my beautiful one :we :ily

Mark

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

Whoops... have I just lost my throne of coolness? Did I ever sit on it??? :eek

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: I met Ian Anderson... Reply with quote

About 23 years in the past.., he was one of the rudest people I could imagine..

On the other hand, he has invested deeply in his community not so much for the purpose of obtaining more wealth, but more for the purpose of bringing opportunity to economically depressed areas..

www.fredcorp.com/tull/archives/cnnfn.htm

I guess that makes him a pretty decent guy. Give me the choice of meeting someone with a rotton demeanor but a great heart versus someone with their heart on their sleeve and their hands in your pocket at the same time, I'll take the rotton demeanor anyday.., and Anderson is entitiled to his opinions..., that's the entire meaning of the U.S. flag to begin with.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: To clarify more properly.. Reply with quote

The link on Anderson's salmon fishery mistakenly states that it's for the sole purpose of supporting his country home and lifestyle..., I saw a lenghthy special on the creation of this industry.., it was created for the sole purpose of bringing employment to an economically depressed area.

And that is a fact.., sad some dishonest journalist has to misrepresent this..

Netjams

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

Quote:
Who the heck is "Jethro Tull"?
:rollin

markhewer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

LOL:wgrin

What an Aqua-lung:rollin :aua

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Jethro Tull Banned Over Flag Criticism Reply with quote

Oh my, I feel bad for Chris! :lol :aua ;) :bleh

But I still love you! :ily :nutz

.....just proves that Chris is very young compared to us old and retarded veterans :LOL

I bought my first real guitar, a Hamer Sunburst, because I saw and heard the sound first by Jethro Tull's guitar player :) ))

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: