MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Live recordings from last week...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

errors? What errors? :ft I really enjoyed listening Mike!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Live recordings from last week... Reply with quote

...I have uploaded a new live recording to IC-Musicmedia :D

If you are in the mood for some jazzy fusion experiments...

...it's a live jam we played on a gig, therefore called...

"Unscripted (Live)"

(right click... save as...)

or the last track on www.ic-musicmedia.com/burnfriends :)

It's including errors and everything, but maybe you can relate to the wave :me

MIKE

Edited by: mikeburn and friends at: 10/8/03 9:07 pm
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

Sweet!!

:bcool

mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

Chris, Seismo :D It's a totally improvised live-jam... there ARE errors in the widest sense... especially on the guitar! :aua :lol

However, our keyboarder and the sax player have some neat spots :D :D It was fun! :)

Thanks for listening!!!!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

listening....

first thing that catches my ear is the bassline - interesting....

You guys definitely have your own style when jamming - I'm starting to recognize the tendencies/personalities...

you get real loose, but stay tight - if that makes sense..

hahahaha...funny ending....!

I enjoyed that..

mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

:D Drooly! :) )) It's always good to hear your 'unfiltered' comments :)

I think you got that right, we have cultured our own style of live improvisations. There are mainly two methods how to jam IMHO The first is to agree on a beat-pattern and a certain harmonic environment, where people can improvise on given scales within common rules. I call this "head music", which applies normally to educated musicians and conservative jazzers. Nothing wrong with it, I do admire the guys who can improvise according to a 'plan'.

The second is the 'mikeburn and friends' method... I call this a "stomach" or "spiritual" method.

We never agree on something in advance and even don't know who is starting to play. It just happens, with the exception that we sometimes shout keywords to ourselves like "war", "love" or "Universe".

There are no rules, except of staying tight to each other, carefully watching the fingers, movements and faces. The good thing about this method is, that you do leave common paths of musical development and reach a point, where you don't care about the note itself, but about the meaning/feel. Nobody in our band can read music anyway and knows about harmonies... it is just celebrating the energy, if you know what I mean? However, this can be very straining for the audience at times, but it is very satisfying when you bring over in the jam what the initial feel was about and do hear yourself new musical grounds. Other than in real life, in music two wrongs can make a "right" :lol Regarding the posted song, we simply said the word "JOY" to each other :) )

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

GREAT idea, that mikeburn and friends technique!! Sounds like shouting "Fun" would be a good one....

OR...

...try "Women"!!!! .....:bigeyes :lol :lol

sethr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

Listening right now. I'm always amazed by the quality of your live recordings. The drums sound great. Your drummer is hot. Of course I'd have to actually play with him to know for sure. Sounds like the crowd is into it.

This stuff ain't exactly a genre I can competently comment on, but it sounds really good to me.

mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

Seismo..... of course there are some words, better NOT mentioned, because they can cause unpredictable results! :nutz :l :bday

sethr,

thanks for your comments :) Indeed the track features our drummer. He was in a good mood! :D Since he is always glad if somebody mentions him... here's a picture of Jaroslav Forejt (we call him 'Jaro') on his set... :)

The recording has been done using two DA-88 8-Track digital DAT machines linked together, for a total of 16 tracks.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Since there is no MP3.com in the moment... Reply with quote

Jaro looks like a very cool dude...like all of ya...someday we will hook up and jamm....although be warned...I might yell "Women"...:lol :lol

mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Oh well..... here's another prepared live recording from last weekend :) )) (If you are in the mood :) )

"On The Search (Live)"

(right click... save as...)

It's more a ballad alike improvisation, featuring sax and a wah-guitar solo :D

MIKE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: