MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahah Reply with quote

Yeah very good:lol :aua

Paul

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60>

BUSINESS AS USUAL .com BUSINESS AS USUAL. moonfruit BUSINESS AS USUAL mp3.com

BUSINESS AS USUAL @ ampcast GET ME MUSIC.com

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

Very funny stuff! :wgrin

One could reasonably assume that, according to many accounts here, performers should avoid alcohol and handbags while onstage.

One time while singing/playing in a small place that used no monitors, I thought the mic volume seemed low but finished the set anyway. Afterwards, I just figured the soundperson slipped up. But then the guy who followed me got on stage, sat down and clicked the mic switch to "on"...

Another time in a group I was with, the lead guitarist liked to walk around while he played. (A real ham, with a great deal more ego than ability - he eventually found his real calling making sausages.) Once he walked too far from his amp, the slack ran out in his cord and his piggyback amp took a dive. The amp's reverb let out a wonderful and prolonged "Bwoinggg-nong-nong-nong!!" when it hit the floor.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahah Reply with quote

<I think I look pretty good,>

The flash of leg is a nice touch. :fg

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

And the shoes seem sensible enough.

:aua

bygon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

Thank God I don't have the voice anymore to

be a front man... I never knew what to say

between a song and another... sometimes I was

really inspired and I went with jokes and funny things

to make the audience feel at their ease, but sometimes

I didn't know what to say... that was always embarassing.

But nothing beats the time when our drummer (1988,

the band wa called "46XY") was so drunk that he started

Toto's song "Hold The Line" as a latin-jazz-fusion thing at

nearly 150 bpm (now you could call it Jungle!) and luckily

we were good enough to follow him and make an amazing

version of the song... pity no one recorded the gig, we tried

to do it again during the rehearsals, no way...

Lord B

LORD BYGON

===================================

New song on Ampcast: "Coagulation"

-----------------------------------

WEBSITE-Ampcast-ArtistLaunch-MP3.com-Car Wreck Records

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

RON! hahahahaha How embarrasing!!!!! hahahaha (the 'on' switch one!!) :banana

Lord Bygon!! hahaha That's the way it goes sometimes......

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

Seems that quite a few drunk stories. Sorry to say this one was real awkward for me but prolly not funny.

I was playing bass for a band that hired me. I hadn't eatin much but a sardine sandwich that day. Got to the gig and started drinking rum and cokes. Well, they were free. Had one every set. On the 4th and last set I started feeling woozy. Then about 4 songs later I was having a hard time playing. On the last song I felt like I was gonna heave,so I wobbled to the back of the stage and tried to hold it in. I managed till the song ended then I blew it out all over the band leaders monitor. I could barely walk. Man, I was feeling like I got shot at and missed @#%$ at and hit.

Lucky for me that the only thing I had to carry was my bass because they had provided the amp and that I wasn't driving. I was mortified.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

hahahaha Phil!!! :aua At least you weren't video-taped and made to watch it over and over again!!!! :laugh

|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: well that probably tops Reply with quote

all the other stories hahahahaha

poor you Phil! eeeeeeeeeew.

:aua

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: well that probably tops Reply with quote

Poor PHIL....???

Damn - what about the band leader? - having to look at that monitor??????????

yikes.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: well that probably tops Reply with quote

Yeah the band leader was not pleased. He had to take the monitor apart and clean it. Believe it or not I did about 8 more gigs with them until their bass player who had a brocken arm had healed up. Uh...of course I never got drunk again. :ft

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: well that probably tops Reply with quote

hahaha I learnt the same lesson

|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: oh hell Reply with quote

I just remembered something. It involves skates and being dragged backwards ... Thank god the lights were being slowly dimmed...

arrrrrrrrrrrgh. long story maybe over a beer or 10!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: oh hell Reply with quote

hahaha I just remembered another cringe moment - I was wearing a PVC dress and fell backward off the stage onto these two guys, my legs flaired into the air, dress rolled down and exposed my knickers. I was mortified! I got a round of applause though..

|Talk Soup |

PLX180

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: oh hell Reply with quote

Quote:
On the last song I felt like I was gonna heave,so I wobbled to the back of the stage and tried to hold it in. I managed till the song ended then I blew it out all over the band leaders monitor. I could barely walk.
ahahahahaha! Classic. Phil, you are always the height of professionalism ;)

Chris, L7 were a great band, but did have some strange habits. I saw them on the Word years go (UK tv music show) and the singer dropped *all* her lower clothes, and stood on an amp while still playing the song on her guitar. Quite memorable I suppose :)

Embarrassing gigs? Well of course mine is drink related too. My old band hit the bar, and decided to play a number or two borrowing the resident bands equipment. I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing. Within 2 minutes we were politely asked to leave the stage HAHAHA!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: