MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tony Pucci--4 new CDs!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puccifish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Tony Pucci--4 new CDs! Reply with quote

POLLYANNA COWGIRL

is pleased to announce the release of 4 new CDs

Co-059…Tony Pucci “Querida Alma”

Co-060…DEEP FATHOM LIGHT “Where May Silently Pounds”

Co-061… “Tony Pucci interprets Edna St. Vincent Millay’s FATAL INTERVIEW—Disc One”

Co-062…RUBACUORI “rubacuori”

Tony Pucci “Querida Alma” offers 16 new Pucci tracks in his trademark gentle yet trippy pop/rock style. The CD features the lyrical work of Steffi Bondini, Heloísa Mourão, and Leïlah Accioly, as well as some tasty guitar work from Rochester radio legend Stu Reed. Three mp3s from “Querida Alma” can be found at www.mp3.com/Tony_Pucci

DEEP FATHOM LIGHT is the first full-length release of the collaborative efforts between Brian Hutton and Tony Pucci. Corresponding between Scotland and America, Brian and Tony have created a unique, refreshing, atmospheric “storybook” of sound. “Where May Silently Pounds” gives us 14 songs, conceptually tied together by the graceful words of Heloísa Mourão and Leïlah Accioly. Three DFL mp3s from “Where May Silently Pounds” can be heard at www.mp3.com/deep_fathom_light

“Tony Pucci interprets Edna St. Vincent Millay’s FATAL INTERVIEW—Disc One” represents the first step in what is Tony’s biggest musical adventure to date. With the intention of eventually putting Millay’s entire 52-sonnet sonnet sequence FATAL INTERVIEW to music, Pucci draws the curtain back on the first 13 sonnets—the first of 4 cds. Inspired by this compelling poetic work, TP performs some of his most heartfelt, tasteful, and rewarding music to date. If you like guitar, you’ll like this cd! Find three mp3s from this CD at www.tonypucci.homestead.com/listen.html

Finally, RUBACUORI reveals a Pucci alter-ego…the instrumental “thief of hearts”. Beware the Rubacuori! No rules. The first leg of what hopefully will be a sweeping adventure through soundscapes. This first Rubacuori CD finds Tony extending and exploring his typical layered guitar arrangements. Next time the Rubacuori appears, he may be on a totally different trip! One mp3 is yours at www.mp3.com/rubacuori

These 4 new CDs, as well as previous Pucci CDs, can be purchased, typically $7 US for a single release at www.tonypucci.homestead.com/order.html For a limited time, all 4 new releases are being offered at a “package” discount price of $25 US for all four CDs. Additionally, if you are unable to (or don’t want to take the time to) download the new mp3s, Tony has put together a 10-song sampler CD of selections from the four new CDs, available for only $3 US. At that price, there’s no reason not to be afraid to test the waters of new sound!

Tony’s enthusiasm for creating new music continues. He himself can not choose a favorite CD out of this new batch of 4 CDs. It is a safe wager that you’d think so as well; take a chance on music with integrity.

Pollyanna Cowgirl

www.tonypucci.homestead.com

------------------------------------------------

A few comments that have started trickling in:

(regarding Querida Alma)

"I just got this CD a few days ago and I am in awe...The CD opens with a great "pop" song - "a little talk". It has everything I love in a pop song - a jangly guitar, a catchy chorus, great vocal overlays with an infectious "bop bop baahh" to sing along to (which I do). Great song! "Fallen Leaves"...is a pretty song - catchy , great lyrics and very lush. This song is like a blanket...it`s very comfortable. The layering of the chorus adds a counterpoint to the song. These are just two songs and 2 of the many reactions I have had while listening to this CD. Over the years, I`ve had a variety of impressions of Tony`s music, but this CD is on my top 5 list of his work. While listening, I hear the influences, but Tony has kept these songs so very much his own. If you need a welcome respite from this very odd winter, listen to "querida alma". It is well worth it and a repreive from this weather." --MIZ M (Wisconsin)

"Awesome! Very rich and gorgeous sounding. Truly clean harmonies and vocal interludes. I can`t say enough about how beautiful the musical landscapes are on this release. I have listened to it 4 times already!" --DUANE H. (Colorado)

(regarding DEEP FATHOM LIGHT "Where May Silently Pounds")

"Just wanted to mention that the artwork on `Where May Silently Pounds` is excellent. The CD overlay is great. I`m still weeding my way through it. Interesting... some incredibly tasty guitar in the mix." --NOEL R. (Kentucky)

"OK one listen in but I like it, you have managed to get a real merging of sounds happening there. Quite difficult to achieve this given the extreme electronic nature of some of the loops. Your linking is immaculate Tony." --BRIAN H. (Scotland)

(regarding FATAL INTERVIEW-DISC ONE)

"Going for my second listen. I was really excited and intrigued to get my hands on this. I don`t think anyone truly understands the passion, commitment and dedication Tony had for this project. This one is fantastically put together. Full of emotion and bewilderment. You don`t have to be a fan of Edna St. Vincent Millay to appreciate what this concept is. Well done, Tony, you put together a very elegant and lovely interpretation and composition." --DUANE H. Colorado)

"Listening to Fatal Interview right now. Great guitar-scapes here!" --DANIEL W. (Texas)

(regarding "Rubacuori")

"I listened to rubacouri last night while working around the house. The whole family really enjoyed that. You know, every once in a while its real nice to have ambience around you as you go about your day, something in the background that helps your enjoy your time, keeps you task focused and keeps your feet tapping. No words, just a day's soundtrack. I know that sounds stupid, but that explains rubacouri to me in the best words I can think of. I bet it played 3 times and it was just wonderful...mood music for life's background. We need more of this! This one will stay in my cd player for a while." --Duane H. (Colorado)

(general comments)

"Tony...amazes me with his music and the ability to produce it. Believe me...this new music is some of THE BEST I have heard from Tony. (And I am not just saying that. I`ve got a minor in music and have had to listen to a lot of student composition recitals.) I`m very excited to see what new things he has up his sleeve in 2003." --MIZ M (Wisconsin)

"I can`t wait to brag about these releases! I can`t begin to grasp the concept of where all this talent comes from." --DUANE H. (Colorado)

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Pucci--4 new CDs! Reply with quote

puccifish,

nice vibe on your tracks. A lot of poetry....

... "Fallen Leaves" is my favorite :)

Very cool instrumentation, dreamy... you only have to get

used to this deep voice :) ))

MIKE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: