MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Audio Driver Problem - Help?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicVision

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Audio Driver Problem - Help? Reply with quote

*** Sorry for posting this junk here, but if Mike would setup that Technical Support Forum I suggested.. ahem.. j/k ;) ***

I recently got the Roland VM-3100 Pro Studio Pack which comes with Logic Audio (RPC - custom edition for the VM-3100 Pro). I set it up and was able to successfully record for about 2 days, then out of nowhere started getting ASIO driver errors.

These are the 2 common errors/problems:

- Everytime I start Logic, it gives me a reset request and a reboot is needed. (ASIO driver related).

- Second error comes up in the middle of using Logic, at various times, but always when selecting an event (ie. recording, etc.)

"ASIO: System Overload. Unable to process all required data in time. Please reboot Logic Audio. (-1011)"

The previous message is a (-999) error. I'm not sure why these suddenly started popping up since I never changed anything.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, double-checked options and settings - but I admit I'm definitely not professional or know what settings are best. So, if anyone with some better understanding of Logic Audio could share their experience, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Note: I've tried tech support... constantly busy and its not a free long distance call. *sighs*

-------------------------------

profusion -- electronica/trance

www.mp3.com/profusion

Edited by: musicVision at: 1/31/02 5:18:09 am
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Audio Driver Problem - Help? Reply with quote

&&%$$§%&"§%§$

I'm not familiar with ASIO setups on PC's....

Did you play around with ASIO buffer sizes or Digital sync in the preferences ?????

You should mail support@emagic.de ...they can deal with english... I always got an answer there. I found your error description at Roland Japan.... but the answer was in japanese :LOL :lol :rollin

However, the error seems to be known...... :mad :

MIKE

musicVision

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Audio Driver Problem - Help? Reply with quote

Ahhhh.. Yes, played with the buffer sizes, but couldn't find this Digital Sync setting you mentioned : I'm sure it's somewhere else with a different label of some sort since you went by the MAC version....

I did try emailing support@emagic.de... only to get the email bounced back 5 TIMES ............. :mad

GRRR...

Damn, this japanese site?? how bout i run it through a translator? :D

www.mp3.com/profusion

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Audio Driver Problem - Help? Reply with quote

OK... let's keep it straight.

I try to call for you the german support today.

MIKE

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio Driver Problem - Help? Reply with quote

OK.. I called the support and they told me that they are aware of this rebooting/launch problem.

It should have to do with the Midiman Interface (I hope you had this in your bundle...).

Here on this site you can get the latest drivers and reach the Midiman support.

About Emagic support in The U.S., I've been told that because of the NAMM show nobody is in the house *yuck*...

Emagic Inc. is a indepenedent american subsidiary.... I called here in Germany and had the support after one 'beep'..... tsk, tsk... You lazy guys :D :D Too much Rally Burgers :lol

Again... as it worked for two days... I strongly recommend checking again, that the digital synchronization between Logic-Software and the Mixer match one frequency.

It should be 44,1KHz. on both units, where your mixer should be set to 'internal' synchronisation and the Logic-Software in the 'Audio Hardware Setup'-Tab set to 'external'.

This is VERY important!

MIKE

musicVision

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio Driver Problem - Help? Reply with quote

#@%#$#^$#^@$# AAAAAAAAH !

Thanks MIKE!!!! :cgrin I really appreciate that :)

I will checkup the whole configure and I know for sure that both are set to 44.1 !! That's the one setting I'm pretty much positive is right :lol

I'm thinking it may need a driver update... and the internal/external settings just may not be set correct. So... cross your fingers for me :D

If this works....... Expect a package of new releases! :cgrin

DAMN The Rally Burger Tech Support! LOL

www.mp3.com/profusion

Edited by: musicVision at: 1/31/02 12:28:45 pm
musicVision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:23 am    Post subject: GRRrRRRR#$@#%@$#% Reply with quote

No luck....... still.. :mad

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: GRRrRRRR#$@#%@$#% Reply with quote

:mad :mad

You mean, I should move my ass to New Orleans again ?????

Grrrrrrrrrrr....... dude....... I don't know how to help you, without sitting in front of your stuff.

Nobody here on the board who knows Tony's configuration ??????

MIKE

musicVision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GRRrRRRR#$@#%@$#% Reply with quote

*SIGHS*

I have no clue what to do. I installed whatever the latest driver was off that site, from Midiman.. now I'm not even hearing sound period.

I'm just gonna' reinstall it all...... from scratch..... again. Even though I did before, many times... :

I need a new computer that's optimized for this stuff...

www.mp3.com/profusion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: